Author Topic: How to adjust headlight illuminating angle?  (Read 2509 times)

Amaro321

• View Profile
How to adjust headlight illuminating angle?
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
Hey guys! So I ran across a service manual for the super 8 and it stated in there that there is adjustment screw behind the front fairing that adjust the vertical level that the headlight points to.
My question is, has anyone tried this? If so how ?
Thanks in advance

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
Anyone?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: How to adjust headlight illuminating angle?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
Before you attempt to adjust it... Get a can of PB blaster, and hit the screw w/ it. The majority of times it will break off, and leave you to stuff rags behind the headlight.
It's mostly a non issue, but you have to loosen the debris/rust first.

What I hjave ALWAYS done is line the biik up on a darkened wall, and mark (w/ tape) where the center of the beam is (top/bottom). That should be a bout one foot of space between the tape marks. Then you have a guide line to judge from.
If the beam is too high while riding then SPLIT the difference down/ too high... split the difference up.

Don't be scared... Lube it, and measure it. (that's what she said) Just heading off the obvious jokes.

Edit... I corrected the mis-spallings. Thair wur a lots of themm.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:31:53 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »
Lol!!! Great to know it can be done in the supe!!  Time to experiment.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »
Amaro321,
No comment about your headlight adjust. I do have a question about your name "Amaro". Are you of Portuguese Heritage?
My mothers maiden name is Amaro. I am half Amaro, Half Souza & 100% Portuguese American.
Thanks

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:14:54 AM »

Amaro321,
No comment about your headlight adjust. I do have a question about your name "Amaro". Are you of Portuguese Heritage?
My mothers maiden name is Amaro. I am half Amaro, Half Souza & 100% Portuguese American.
Thanks
I am Spanish. Sir

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »
The easiest way I found to get to the adjuster on my 2012 Super 8, was to remove the upper mudguard (the part with the floppy mudflap hanging down), and reach up from underneath with the front wheel turned. I just used a small socket wrench, and put it on the adjuster bolt. I had to adjust mine up quite a bit. I've heard from a couple people that the Super 8 headlights are almost all aimed too low from the start.
Once I adjusted mine up, they actually light up the road pretty good. Before, I had to just run the high beams all the time.

Duke- 8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()