Author Topic: police chase.  (Read 1090 times)

blue

• View Profile
police chase.
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
Funny thing on the news today a guy on a 50 cc moped tryed running from the police.He had to jump off the moped and run by foot.did not get very far.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: police chase.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »
Funny thing on the news today a guy on a 50 cc moped tryed running from the police.He had to jump off the moped and run by foot.did not get very far.

He should have rode up a 1 way street against traffic, he'd squeeze through and the cop would be stuck. Ask me how I know.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
Glad they caught the snail.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
Ok.08087 tell us how you got away.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
Ok.08087 tell us how you got away.

Actually ran from the coppers twice in my life, I'd bet neither time would I have even gotten a ticket, but something told me to bolt and I did.

The first time I was a kid, maybe 15, was riding my boat which was over powered (I had double the legal HP strapped to her) when the marine police started in my direction, my boat was small and fast but I couldn't outrun the Police so I turned and headed for the marsh area known by the locals as mud city. The water here is only 1 1/2'-2' deep at high tide and maybe 6" at low. While up on plane the cops were gaining on me fast, so I slowed down as if giving up and as the police slowed their much larger craft and the boats settled down into the water I hit the gas and my little boat jumped up on plane, the cops tried to follow but as they hit the gas their big boat dug in while trying to get on plane and the they dug into the mud and had to back off, this happened to them a few times as I put more and more distance between me and them. Upon reflection I'm sure they only wanted to warn me my boat was dangerous to be over powered as it was and being a kid I couldn't get a ticket anyway, there were no lic. needed back then.

The 2nd time I was an adult and used a Honda Spree to shuttle employees back and forth from 1 parking lot to another that I owned at the time, while running one guy there was a traffic jam and time being important to getting a good tip from the customer I hopped on the side walk for the last 50' to get into the parking lot and a cop spotted me. He lit me up and I told my passenger to hop off and grab the car, I headed for the rear exit of the lot which led out to a narrow 1 way street. Seeing a car coming my way I headed right for him and the cop followed, I turned and veered around the oncoming car doing all of 20 mph, squeezed between him and the parked cars on the street and made my get away. Naturally I hid the scoot for a couple of weeks and we had to run back and forth to the lots but hell I got away with running from the coppers. Again upon reflection and knowing the JCPD as they were they would have let me go with a warning, but guilt made me bolt.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 12:36:45 AM »
Your one of the lucky one.

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
I was driving a 1 1/2 HP, Briggs & Stratton powered home made go-cart when I was about 14 years old and enjoying cruising around in the neighborhood when I saw a Cop car coming my way and watched him spin around to chase me! I quickly went down a couple of alleys and pulled into an open garage and quickly shut the door. I guess no one saw me and I left about a half hour later and flew home at maybe 15 miles per hour!!! A that speed, I could have run 'moonshine' and made some money:)

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()