Author Topic: Engine swap?  (Read 1030 times)

herrspoot

• View Profile
Engine swap?
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
I've got a 2012 Like 50 2t, I just saw a local has a 2009 People s200 that is crashed, undriveable but the engine and transmission are good. Would it even be possible to swap that motor into my chassis?
2012 Like 50 2t
  Derestricted bushing
  Derestricted stock exhaust
  Derestricted stock airbox
  100 MJ
  Biondi windshield (with custom mounts)

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and is considerably easier to write with." Marty Feldman

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Engine swap?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »
Yes, buttttttttt. The 200 has dual shock mounts, and a swing arm type brace.
You need a welder (TIG only) It's a Chrome alloy frame so you need compatible metal to make plugs. The back section of the 200's frame HAS to go onto your People's frame.

I'm in the process of combining a ZX frame rear w/ a QMB 139 frame front to build a 2t drag bike from the 4t frame. To make the "plugs" I slit 4" sections of frame lengthwise, and squeezed them down, forcing them into the new frame 1/2's tubing.

It's a project for sure but it can be done.

Let us know what you decide.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
It would work with a TON of fab up. Plus the S200 has a 16" rear wheel which would look like crap and handle like crap with the like 12" in the front. If you were going to attempt a swap, you can get wrecked or even good condition GY6 150CC scoots for under $500 all day long. You can easily put a stub axle and run single shock, but you still have to fan up a subframe. Easy to do, hard to do and have a safe/rideable bike. With $500-$1000 you could make your 2t wayyyyy faster than a stock gy6.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 03:34:01 AM »
IDK bout the 12"/16" wheel deal... I think it's kinda cool. Yeah it won't be a fast bike in the turns but the fun factor on the straights makes up for that.

Just sayin'. I like the big engine/small bike deal, but again you are right on the 2t beating the snott out of the 200/4t. At least for the first 3-4 miles. Then the 4t guy can stop, and ride the 2t guy home. ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

herrspoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
Thanks for the info! Looks like it would be a bigger project than I'm able to take on right now. Probably keep looking at what I'll do with the existing 50. Just saw it on CL and it sparked an idea, haha.
2012 Like 50 2t
  Derestricted bushing
  Derestricted stock exhaust
  Derestricted stock airbox
  100 MJ
  Biondi windshield (with custom mounts)

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and is considerably easier to write with." Marty Feldman

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()