Author Topic: How Did I Do?  (Read 2533 times)

JPBJR

• View Profile
How Did I Do?
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »
Just purchased a 2010 Yager with 4500 miles that looks new. It came with an extended warranty, a new battery, new tires, and GIVI tall windshield. Price was $1100.  I rode it home and was pleased with it.  This Forum has already been a great help.  How did I do?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: How Did I Do?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:20:43 AM »
Stole it, those were expensive new and with a warranty, pfffft.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

JPBJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »
It goes in for its first service (free) on Tuesday to Sportique Scooters in Denver.  By the way in Denver this is the place to take scooters for great service.  I took a scooter in last year which had an intermittent starting problem. They worked on it for two hours and found a fuse issue and then told me there was no charge!  How many other places would ever do that.  Hats off to them and owner Colin.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
It goes in for its first service (free) on Tuesday to Sportique Scooters in Denver.  By the way in Denver this is the place to take scooters for great service.  I took a scooter in last year which had an intermittent starting problem. They worked on it for two hours and found a fuse issue and then told me there was no charge!  How many other places would ever do that.  Hats off to them and owner Colin.
Crappola.......I checked my TinkerBell map....Denver is uphill from here in Ohio....(plus I see several crocodiles laying along nearly every river between me and old Colin. This Tink map has saved my bacon a number of times!)
Stig....always on the lookout for good scooter shops....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:56:34 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »
On the plus side... You can always stop for a "Treatment" in Co.. That'll take your mind off the gators.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JPBJR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
I don't think there would be a charge for a "treatment" at Sportique Scooters.  Plus they are next to several "happy M shops" in Denver! If you don't know what this is too bad.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »
Who would have ever suspected that a "scooter shop" would have a resident "therapist". It's mind boggling

!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JPBJR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »
Just got back from my service appointment at Sportique  Scooters and thought  forum members would like to know results and charges.  The Yager has 4961 miles on it.  Sportique changed the oil and spark plug. The scooter needed new rollers and a drive belt.  The belt cost was 45$ and the rollers were 22$.  Additionally they looked over EVERYTHING and made adjustments and oiled everything! There was no costs for the labor  and my total cost for parts and miscellaneous came to 102$..Not bad and the Yager has the warranty until Juneof 2015.  Tha Yager feels now like new!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »
Nice job.  8)

Wil B.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »
You got a great deal on a fantastic machine.  Hope it works out for you.  I love my Yager...almost no other scooter can do all the things the Yager is good at, and the size is not too big and the mileage is super!  Flat floorboards and tons of storage.

Even the styling is growing on me....

I really love mine.

Wil B.
Broadview, IL

'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'91 Nighthawk
'04 Kymco Super 9
'10 Kymco Yager 200gt
Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX