Author Topic: Yeager spark plug  (Read 1259 times)

schroeder

• View Profile
Yeager spark plug
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
 Went to change my spark plug but cant locate it? I am not much of a mechanic, but
I can change a plug if I can find it. Please be specific so even a child can understand. thanks

Yager200i

• View Profile
Re: Yeager spark plug
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »
Take your seat and Met-In box out, take the front black plastic panel out (directly below the seat, right behind where you put your feet when you're riding).

Now, look along the left-hand side of the frame. You'll see the ignition coil and wire. Follow that down to the left-hand side of the cylinder to the spark plug.

The torque for the spark plug is supposed to be 6.5 ft-lb according to the manual, but I use 10 ft-lb.

If you don't have the service manual for your Yager, you should get it. It's invaluable. I've got it if you want it, but it's kind of hard to email... it's 11.4 MB in size.

I've also got the parts list for ordering new parts, and the wiring diagram, if you need them.

schroeder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
Thank you. Seems like they could have made a way to remove the cover without having to remove the seat and the met -in box.

eakins

• Butler Motorcycle Maps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »
I was able to access my spark plug easy enough from above.
I disconnected my met-in light cable so I can access my motor in minutes with 5 bolts removed. I used a long 18mm socket (OK fit but works) and place that on the spark plug. Then my wrench goes on & I listened the spark plug. New one goes on hand tight, then socket on, then wrench & nice and snug. One of the faster plug changes as far as ease IMO.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()