Author Topic: UXV 450i  (Read 25660 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: UXV 450i
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 12:26:32 AM »
Please let us know what you think, and how it goes. It will help the next person looking.

Dealer reviews are very helpful as well.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

banpaeng

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
I to would like to know what you think.  I also just found this site and looking at possibly buying a Kymco.

A question to the loyal readers.  I am an old man with back issues.  Have rode in the mule and it is way to rough.  Rode in a Polaris but on fixed income so it is ruled out.  My question is how is the ride?

Thanks in advance

farmboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 03:18:06 AM »
My father has owned a Kymco UXV 500 for about 5 years now.  We use it on our farm to check cows, spray fence lines, pull a 6x12 trailer etc.  Never have had an issue with it in over 5 years!  When you put a top on it and a windshield the cab noise is pretty loud.  The only other down side is accessories are not readily available.  Kymco has a decent top and windshield for this unit but I don't recommend the soft cab enclosure.  The zippers are difficult at best. 

In October 2014 I bought a Kymco UXV 450i LE (50th Anniversary Edition).  So far a great unit with plenty of power and easily does 35 mph.  Of course a 700i would be much better but the 450i is quite surprising.  Also use it to check cows, fences, pull a 6x12 trailer, etc.  I like the fact its slightly smaller in size and a little more agile and sporty.  I chose the unit because I was contemplating another 4 wheeler and the 450i was my compromise with best of both worlds.  There are a few down sides to the 450i.  The cab compartment is a little tight getting in and you'll bump your knee almost every time getting out or setting the parking brake (I'm 6' tall).  The 450i has a tilt wheel. However, I am not sure how well its gonna work when a windshield is added because when you tilt it all the way forward the steering wheel passes the front of the roll cage where the windshield would attach.  Speaking of windshields...I have tried to get one for my unit, called two dealers, and I was told the other day it would be May 2015 or later before they would be available...really?!?!...frustrating Kymco!   

I recommend Kymco UXV's but they need to step their game up a little for accessories etc.  Massimo and other same price point units are beginning to look more and more like a competitive option.   

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
I haven't heard of anything for the plexiglass windshields either. The hard plastic tops are in.

We have the glass windshield and the hard top for the 450i in stock. only $1299  ;D

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
Yeah I've been told my windshield will be here every month since last September.  They need to step it up.  Another issue I am having is front end rattling.  One is from the steering wheel bushing, the other is metallic and annoying as hell somewhere in the front between 5-15 mph.  Only started happening after about 150 miles.  It echoes through the roll cage and I cannot find the source. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
Also, everyone check their diffs, mine came empty from the factory and had to be replaced under warranty :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »
Some dealers are better than others. There is no excuse for the windscreen.

For the rattle???  I'd bring the machine back on a trailer, and demand they repair the noises, and install the screen within the week or you go to war.

See how a simple bit of lazy, creates it's own issues?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »
Some dealers are better than others. There is no excuse for the windscreen.

For the rattle???  I'd bring the machine back on a trailer, and demand they repair the noises, and install the screen within the week or you go to war.

See how a simple bit of lazy, creates it's own issues?

Well they cannot install something they have never received. This isn't a dealer issue. It is a KYMCO issue.

rattles are not covered under warranty, although they should give it a good look over.

jgritters

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
Recently ordered me a 2015 Kymco UXV 450i.  Can't wait for it's arrival.  I'm glad to see a forum for other owners as there is not a lot of info or reviews on these machines yet.    How does everyone like theirs so far???

pndwv

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
we just got ours a 2015 450i 50th anniversary model it is my wifes her and the granddaughter love it only have 100 or so miles
on it and so far no problems

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 06:05:29 AM »
Good morning
Just found this forum and am anxious to hear anything about the utv 450i also.
Husband is VERY leery of buying anything from Taiwan (Chinese is a definite NO) Was also looking at Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 but not impressed with 6.7 inch clearance and not having rear independent suspension. I will be the main user.  Have 75 acres mostly wooded and uneven terrain, plus hauling feed and cleaning out chicken house .  Any input on the longevity of the Kymco vehicles would also be appreciated.
Thank you
Judy

Don't hesitate to buy KYMCO. As mentioned, very reputable companies trust them to build quality parts and vehicles for them, they also build the Arctic Cat Trail/Sport. Very good machines.

perseus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 02:22:57 AM »
Brand new to this forum.  Just got my UXV 450i yesterday.

I have never been a boy with toys.  Never owned a four wheeler, or a boat, or a snowsled, or any of that kind of thing; not in my whole life.  Never could justify that kind of expense when there were other family needs.  But my wife said it was time to pay myself back a bit (bless her), so we bought one yesterday.

I wanted something comfortable to ride so that old farts could toodle around on the ATV trails that run along the back edge of my property.  Might as well use it, since it's on my land.  I had no idea the ATV trails in Maine were so extensive.  Anyway, I debated for a few agonizing weeks on what to buy and finally settled on the 450i really because it was an easy fit for the back of my pickup.  The dealer said bigger machines would give me more top-end speed that, as a novice, I probably didn't need.  I think he was right.  Also, my neighbor has had a very good experience with a pair of Kymco scooters, so I wasn't afraid of the brand.

First impressions: This rig has PLENTY of power; and has more get-up-n-go than some bigger motor SxS's in my neighborhood. Top-end, they can beat me, but I get off the line faster; and 48 mph is plenty fast enough for me.  I'm not out to kill myself.  My wife and I have been driving all over our road and having a blast.  My only issue with this rig, so far, is that the shifter.  It seems upside down to my brain.  Not sure why that is.

Anyone know if this will take the same Warn plate as the 500-series?  I'm thinking a plow would help me justify the expense :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 03:35:02 AM »
I can't answer your question but I had to say your tale is heart warming.

It's nice to hear that someone somewhere is happy with something. There are a few web sites that the other UXV owners will be happy to share for getting accessories, and I'm 100% sure that a good fabricator can adapt anything you like to fit your machine.

For the shifter... I have an easy cure.
Turn the number plate around. I re-arranged all the keys on my keyboard, and almost had a stroke. It kept me busy for three days tho.

Enjoy the machine, and the forum. Best to ya!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »
hello all, new to forum and to Kymco

just acquired a 2015 UXV450i for my land surveying business. I've  had it 2 weeks and already have 110 miles on it. I have it dual registered for both street and off road

questions I have is for things I do not see in accessory catalogs, most specifically conveniences for street use like turn signals and pigtail for trailer lights as I will probably get more street use than off road use 

RandyO
IBA#9560

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 09:15:14 PM »
Would love to hear what you think after your test drive. I've only had mine two weeks and love it. Had it in the woods and trails today for the first time. It's a little beast! If it will hold up without a lot of maintenance problems, I think Kymco has hit a home run with the 450 I.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()