Author Topic: UXV 450i  (Read 25657 times)

jw_334

• View Profile
UXV 450i
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »
Hi everybody. My name is Jason and I am brand new to the site. I am also brand new to Kymco Machines. I don't even own one yet. But I believe I will. I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with the 450I. Love the price point. Is it way under powered? I don't really need a whole load of power most everything I will be doing with it will be centered around hunting, low speed trail riding and a little work on a small hobby farm. thanks for any info you can give.

jw_334

• View Profile
Re: UXV 450i
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »
I was also looking at the 500 for the same price ($7,999). Will not having fuel injection make that big of a difference?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »
Hi Jason,
I wish I had some direct answers for you but do not.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

One thing I can say is having injection is a blessing on off road vehicles. No more mal-adjusted floats, or tweaking the carb every other time you ride.
Keep clean filters, a spare injector in a zip baggie and you are always good to go.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Macman

• View Profile
UXV 450i
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »
I have had mine for three weeks.  Love it.  Will outrun a 500 all day, and the 700 out to 35.  It's a mountain goat as well

Macman

• View Profile
UXV 450i
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:13 AM »
You want fuel injection

Macman

• View Profile
UXV 450i
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »
Top speed is 48 mph, plenty of power with perfect clutching

Blue500SEi

• 2012 UXV 500SEi all stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »
I have owned a 500SEi for one year (300mi)  It is everything I expected from a side by side.  I have definitely enjoyed the 500.

While there are always things you want done differently I really like the ability of the UXV 500.  To list a few: Ability, ground clearence, storage compartments, size and stability.   

I have already had a look at the new 450.  It has some features that I would like to see on the 500.  My two favorites are the bench seat and the location of the shift lever.  The only issues I have with the 450 is the ground clearance and the the smaller storage compartments.  I personally like the look of the 500 over the 450.  But it apparently is faster according to my dealer and just a capable as the 500. 

you can't go wrong with the Kymco

jw_334

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:48:18 AM »
Thanks for the replies everybody. Lots of great info...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
We try Jw...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Macman

• View Profile
UXV 450i
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 11:51:34 PM »
Love my 450, amazing what it will do

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »
The uxv 450 is very nice with a great price point. Everyone we have sold the customer has been happy with it.

Faster than the 500i
Less Engine noise than the 500i and 700i  (big plus, the 500 can get noisy with a top and windshield.
48mph top speed

we have had problems with spark plug fouling out on short trips.. any have a cure for this? I order some iridium plugs to see if that will help.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 02:16:56 PM »
The Iridium plug is about the only thing you can do short of reprogramming the ECU or verifying the system is metered/adjusted correctly.
If it is fouling from fuel there may be a mal adjustment in the system. It it is oil fouling you may have a mechanical issue like a poorly seated ring(s) , leaking valve guides ect.

If it's under warranty I would ask to have it all gone thru to find the problem.

buzzard bluff farm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
Good morning
Just found this forum and am anxious to hear anything about the utv 450i also.
Husband is VERY leery of buying anything from Taiwan (Chinese is a definite NO) Was also looking at Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 but not impressed with 6.7 inch clearance and not having rear independent suspension. I will be the main user.  Have 75 acres mostly wooded and uneven terrain, plus hauling feed and cleaning out chicken house .  Any input on the longevity of the Kymco vehicles would also be appreciated.
Thank you
Judy

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 02:14:11 AM »
There are not a lot of UXV owners here but the ones that are are happy.

Kymco has made a name for themselves in the global market by producing good vehicles at very fair prices.
Look up their history, and you will see that they started of by manufacturing engines for Honda. They are much higher quality than ALL of the China junk, and you will also find that Kymco is manufacturing engines for BMW, and Kawasaki today.
Just because some of their production is now based in China, it does not mean these are China bikes.

Hang around the forum, and search the net for Kymco. It's a strong company.

Welcome to the forum!!!

buzzard bluff farm

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 04:25:24 PM »
Thanks so much for reply -plan on test driving one this weekend

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()