Author Topic: Inquiry: Technique of Dragging Knee on a Scooter  (Read 13031 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Inquiry: Technique of Dragging Knee on a Scooter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »
Yeah! Carrabelle is getting kind of "thin".

I went to St Augustine to buy a CAD milling machine, and wound up staying for a week. I'm building that prototype boat for the new business...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
A CAD milling machine, you say? Please elaborate... I'm looking for someone who's got a milling machine to make some custom parts for me. First project, solid disc rim with a cutout in the middle to hold a Stieber ALF2D2 30-500 sprag clutch.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 12:56:20 PM »
KNEE DRAGGING ON A SCOOTER......CAN >:('T
ALL STOCK

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
Hahaha, my super 9 doesn't have a center stand. There's been many times I've scraped the tip of my tecnigas which is at least 8" above the ground. Wouldnt drag my knee but I've gotten Lowww. There's a 90 degree turn with a slight pitch that goes to the corner. Awesome for cornering, I usually go 45 in my slowest part of it 8)

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 08:59:42 AM »
Use your none dragging leg to hook on to the seat and plant your foot on to the floor board of the passenger foot rest, make sure your leg are able to lock on the scooter or else you might fall off the scooter. For you dragging knee, you can either pretend the floor board is ur foot peg and rest the outside of your foot on the board, Or rest the sole of your foot on the edge of the floor board.

I recommend practice at a open area like a parking lot or on the race track, make sure you wear protective gears, remove center stands and put some sand paper grip tape on the floor boards. good luck.

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »
I just saw this thread and laughed my rear end off. I never thought of a scooter as a racing machine, but then went over to YouTube and watched a couple of videos. I can't get the images out of my head now and when I'm riding, I think of the whole knee dragging thing....

Old topic, but still, thanks for the chuckle.
🏍  Rolling in style on a 2015 Kymco Like 200i  🏍
Smoking the streets of Kitsap County - Washington State

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 04:17:23 AM »
I don't knee drag, but take the scoot aggressively through the corners, that is where the fun is,afterall.

Rhs, the exhaust pipe has a heat protector, I have had to repaint that  a few times.

On the lhs, I can lean in further, and the centre stand does take a beating, but mostly the CVT cover (the rear part) cracks with some major scrape marks.(and a few bits missing, left on the road somewhere)

I have had to rebuild it  a few times, respraying with black spray it can't be seen that it has taken a beating as the damage is on the underside.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:19:48 AM by xsel777 »
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()