Author Topic: Cool toilet & '51 BMW  (Read 1013 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Cool toilet & '51 BMW
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
Old rail lines are made into bike trails...this repro-station is the nicest toilet for bike riders I've ever seen.

Very early morning, same town...(an old hippy village that thankfully hasn't changed much over the decades) I spotted these 2 old guys pulling up in front of Dino's coffee shop. I joined them for some truly hair-raising coffee! One of those places with a 2,000 word coffee menu on the wall....totally intimidating. I just asked for a "medium house blend, please" and hoped I wouldn't get tossed out looking for some cream.

A little 50 Metropolitan and a big old clean 1951 BMW....and I get the impression from the gang who gathered around their table in the coffee shop that they are regular day-break customers.

I'd already had my Tim Horton's down the street at a cafe` table......this is a sidewalk trash container.

My favorite city in Ohio.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Cool toilet & '51 BMW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
Great pix as usual! That is a nice old Bimmer. Mine was a 62 R69S, like this one. :)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
Great pix as usual! That is a nice old Bimmer. Mine was a 62 R69S, like this one. :)
Hey Blue,
That up side down "L" on your BMW is the kick start ,yes?
Directly on the other side - What it the upright 10" long silver bar with knob on the side of the '51 Bimmer? Takes the drive off the drive shaft? Parking brake? What?
I was going to ask those old guys in the coffee shop - but they didn't look too approachable.
It didn't help any that they saw me get off that zoomy red thing, wearing my hi-viz armored jacket and kevlar Mom Jeans!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:45:47 PM »
Yes that is the kick starter on the left side on the R69. They are mounted like that so that it can be started with a sidecar attached. I'm not sure about on the '51. Could be a lever to engage a reverse gear also for side car use. Or perhaps the starter is on the right.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()