Author Topic: Can't open seat to replace lock on Kymco Like 200i!!!!  (Read 4558 times)

tysonfchambers

• View Profile
Can't open seat to replace lock on Kymco Like 200i!!!!
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:39:18 AM »
I lost my keys for my 2013 Kymco Like 200i and have had no problem with the ignition switch, trunk key and front panel key.  I now have no idea how I'm supposed to replace the seat lock, since I can't get the seat open.  Can someone PLEASE help me?!?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Can't open seat to replace lock on Kymco Like 200i!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:48:15 AM »
Since you have the new seat lock, just use a far flathead screwdriver and turn it hard in the direction that opens your seat, it won't break the plastic, just bends the clip a tad. Even better learn how to pick it, easier than you would think. But its never broken anything other than the lock itself with the screwdriver method haha.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
This was covered in ," seat lock broken like 125" post some time ago. Do search.
Cable can be pulled without breaking anything to open seat.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »
Maybe we shouldn't be posting step by step instructions for everyone to see on how to break into our scooters. When you see someone join the forum and their first post is asking for information on how to open the pet carrier it should be a red flag. Other forums only PM the instructions. Modern Buddy get's them all the time, the Buddy is super simple to open the seat, even more so than the Like.

Also, tysonfchambers... which is it? Did you loose your keys? Or did the lock break. You said the ignition, glove box and trunk are accessible. So apparently your keys are not missing.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 12:03:36 AM »
Way to go Dole... I like your style!

No offense OP but Dolemite has a very good point.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:39:25 AM »
Maybe we shouldn't be posting step by step instructions for everyone to see on how to break into our scooters. When you see someone join the forum and their first post is asking for information on how to open the pet carrier it should be a red flag. Other forums only PM the instructions. Modern Buddy get's them all the time, the Buddy is super simple to open the seat, even more so than the Like.

Also, tysonfchambers... which is it? Did you loose your keys? Or did the lock break. You said the ignition, glove box and trunk are accessible. So apparently your keys are not missing.
It's so funny i get tons of insurance claim jobs at the shop of stolen scooters, and they are all needed up but the thief couldn't get the column unlocked it the seat open, it's sooooo easy to get the chest off and ignition out, but i guess that's why they steal stuff, no brain no job. Reading back, this may actually be a stolen looking for advice idk.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 02:58:12 AM »
I have always found the "no brain, no job" deal, doesn't apply to thieves.
Some of these guys are so f'n clever it pisses me off. They can figure out how to plan some elaborate drug store heist, and it might take weeks to plan.
Then they take a chance of going to prison for Years, and their total haul might be worth a few hundred bucks.

Some of those fellas are smarter than a lot of the college grads I know, but like most exceptionally bright people they seem to completely lack common sense. Ie: can't change a fuse in the car.

Sorry to muddy the thread but I had to get that out.

No offense TysonF, and certainly no implication towards you. I guess you caught us on a bad day.
Welcome to the forum.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()