Author Topic: Where did you ride today?  (Read 2266 times)

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
Where did you ride today?
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »
It was an absolutely beautiful day in New York.  Just got back from a nice 4 hour ride.  Not a lot of traffic.  Amazing views.  Tons of bikes on the road of all shapes, sizes and types....All of them friendly and acknowledging one another.  No idiots to be found.  A great day.  Topped it off with a stop at a local restaurant/brewery that makes their own Lager and floats a handful of fresh blueberry's in it.  Life if Good  :D
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Re: Where did you ride today?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
Heavy rain and lighting storms here in Florida.  I didn't even ride into work it was so bad.  And of course, now that I'm working.....clear as a bell!
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:09 AM »
The Xciting and I went for about a 115 mile 'breakfast' ride today from Carthage, MO to Pittsburg, KS and neighboring areas. The weather was fantastic @ around 75 degrees with lots of cloud cover. The Chicken fried steak, eggs, hashbrowns, toast and sausage gravy, toast and hot coffee really hit the spot.

I cruised at about 55 most of the way and the scoot ran flawlessly.

I just changed to Mobil 1 synthetic and it seemed even more smooth and powerful.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Skutorr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:04:59 AM »
120 miles whipping through the local mountains on my Tmax500, with my brother on his Tmax530 (the ONLY one in California...and I think the U.S.) Twisties, straights, and one nice 100mph+ section where we aired it out...

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »
Those are some nice rides.......BUT that breakfast sounds awesome.  Would have to make for a shorter/quicker ride home though!

I think the Tmax is an awesome machine.  I bought a Majesty years ago.  It was sitting right next to the Tmax.  I should have went for the Max.  It's a shame you can't get one in the states anymore.
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
The T-max 500 is really the ultimate performance riders scoot, that is available in the United States if you enjoy running away from sportsbikes in the curves and mountains. The bike is very advanced and has to be ridden to be believed and the 500cc twin sounds fantastic as it spools up. (I'm PORKY on the Majesty forum where I have been a member since 2008 or 2009) My T-max would accelerate to an indicated top speed of 110+ mph on the flats.

My 2013 Xciting 500 is maxed out a 90 mph, where it hits it's redline---20 mph difference between the Max and the Xciting.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

MeTaeTer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
I'd love to hear more about what you're looking to do.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()