Author Topic: AGILITY 50 / OIL CHANGE  (Read 21813 times)

juniorbear5531

• View Profile
AGILITY 50 / OIL CHANGE
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
GOING TO CHANGE THE OIL ON MY AGILITY 50, LOOKING THRU THE OWNERS MANUAL I GOT FROM DEALER IT DOESN'T OFFER MUCH INFO. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY HELPFUL TIPS? ???

juniorbear5531

• View Profile
Re: AGILITY 50 / OIL CHANGE
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
I GOT 10W/40 SYNTHIC, IS THAT WHAT I NEED TO USE AND HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »
...750 ml at the change...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

benhogan73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
There is a bolt on the bottom of the crankcase.  Put the bike up on the center stand.  Put a container under the bolt and remove it.  Once it stops draining, put the bolt back in.  Take the old oil to Quick 10 or someplace for disposal.

Get a ketchup squirt bottle from the dollar store and fill it with the proper amount of oil.  Take out the dipstick and squirt the oil in.  Put the dipstick back and check the level.

Clean it all up and you are DONE!!

Tim

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »
I GOT 10W/40 SYNTHIC, IS THAT WHAT I NEED TO USE AND HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE?

..that will suit you just fine...change it often, as these engines run pretty hot and the oil breaks down fairly quickly..I change mine every 500-600 miles..But I ride at least 40 miles daily, with most of that time at full throttle...

peace

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
..that will suit you just fine...change it often, as these engines run pretty hot and the oil breaks down fairly quickly..I change mine every 500-600 miles..But I ride at least 40 miles daily, with most of that time at full throttle...

peace

.. and I think I am crazy because I change the oil religiously every 2000 kms!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

garibaldi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
Just a thought, but I'm thinking I wouldn't spring for the cost of synthetic if I was changing it at 500 miles! Ouch! There goes the gas money savings! lol. I don't think even the cheapest standard oil would break down that fast. I bet it looks brand new coming out. I'd recycle that oil by running it 2nd hand it in my scooter. LOL. ;D

Has anybody ever done an oil analysis? I've heard of it, but never bothered... I'm so inconsistent that it wouldn't do me any good to know! lol. For those who are real strict about their oil change intervals, wouldn't it make sense to pick a specific oil to stick with, and get an analysis done at, say, 500, then 1000, then 1500, etc. until you KNOW where the oil breaks down? You might find that a good synthetic will get you 2000+ miles? That could save a lot of time and money once you know. If someone were to do that, it would give everyone some sort of a rough idea of how long oil actually lasts. A quick google search shows it is about $22 from several different companies. Any volunteers?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:45:53 AM »
When I was racing super moto on Long Island,( Mako 490) I changed my oil After every days riding. Anywhere from 2.5 to 30 miles. It turns out cheaper than cranks/ cases/ gears/ clutches...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
..it is what it is...I check it...if it even looks like it needs to be changed...whoosh!!..out with old and in with the new...

..keep in mind that I have over 37,000 km on th old girl...

;D

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
Just a thought, but I'm thinking I wouldn't spring for the cost of synthetic if I was changing it at 500 miles! Ouch! There goes the gas money savings! lol. I don't think even the cheapest standard oil would break down that fast. I bet it looks brand new coming out. I'd recycle that oil by running it 2nd hand it in my scooter. LOL. ;D

Has anybody ever done an oil analysis? I've heard of it, but never bothered... I'm so inconsistent that it wouldn't do me any good to know! lol. For those who are real strict about their oil change intervals, wouldn't it make sense to pick a specific oil to stick with, and get an analysis done at, say, 500, then 1000, then 1500, etc. until you KNOW where the oil breaks down? You might find that a good synthetic will get you 2000+ miles? That could save a lot of time and money once you know. If someone were to do that, it would give everyone some sort of a rough idea of how long oil actually lasts. A quick google search shows it is about $22 from several different companies. Any volunteers?

Some "cafe bar" analysis:

On my Agility 125, air cooled, the oil is completely black after 100-200 kms.

On my People 250 S, water cooled, the oil is quite yellow even after 3000 kms.

So, I`d say that oil in Agility is under quite a stress...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 01:22:38 AM »
EGGZACTTLEY, Better safe than sorry. This does not change the thread however. The proof is in the pudding. I have bought scoots from the 1970's that are still running on the dealers prep.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

..i'll sell you this stuff all day long, my friend...CHEAP!!!

;D

garibaldi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
..i'll sell you this stuff all day long, my friend...CHEAP!!!

;D

Wow. That's amazing. My diesel suburan would love to use it as fuel, but I think I'll pass on using it as motor oil. :)

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
Oil turns black because of contaminants and thermal breakdown . Synthetic oil is much more resistant to thermal breakdown , so especially for air cooled engines without wet clutches the synthetic should last much longer . Just my 2 cents lol . good luck .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
Wow. That's amazing. My diesel suburan would love to use it as fuel, but I think I'll pass on using it as motor oil. :)

..yeah, the first cpl times I changed i was like...wtc!!...something's gotta be wrong here!!

..I do plan on giving the synthetic a try as soon as I use up all the stock i have...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:32:44 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()