Author Topic: STIG- new parts SOLVED~!  (Read 35046 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: STIG- new parts report
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »
That Forza is a good looking motorcycle. I do not consider that to be a scooter. Nice looking Forza. I wish I could do things different from the git go for the money I've spent. About 3k. But I am very pleased with the movie 150. I smile every time I get on it.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2014, 01:03:29 AM »
That Forza is a good looking motorcycle. I do not consider that to be a scooter. Nice looking Forza. I wish I could do things different from the git go for the money I've spent. About 3k. But I am very pleased with the movie 150. I smile every time I get on it.
That my friend -- is the important thing!
I used to do the same climbing on my LIKE200i every morning that it wasn't snowing,!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »
Oct 22, 2014
I phoned my dealer today to "ask how my Kymco repair is coming." I mentioned that in my last conversation with KYMCO USA I was told that the dealer was ordering a new throttle body for my scooter.
The dealer's service tech explained that they have obtained a new throttle body to install on my scooter, "but" they discovered they will need to "order a seal".
The service tech said he will move the  "order for the seal" to the top of his to-do stack, and the service department will call me when they have it.

I looked at the instructions for installing a throttle body in my cyclepedia manual....and looked at the exploded parts drawing for the throttle body.....
Not sure what seal they are talking about....Maybe when you order a throttle body from KYMCO USA you get a bag of loose parts......but they'll get it sorted, I'm sure.
Was thinking about swinging by the dealer on my H_NDA and adding a little Stabil to the LIKE's tank.
2117 miles logged on my H_NDA, so far.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
What the hell. That is BULLsh** and they are 100% stalling because I'm sure they didn't order the throttle body. I say take a trip up there and have them show you the throttle body they "have".
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »
What the hell. That is BULLsh** and they are 100% stalling because I'm sure they didn't order the throttle body. I say take a trip up there and have them show you the throttle body they "have".
B&L,
I hear you.
But I am not certain that challenging the dealer mechanics (underpaid & underappreciated, I'm sure) to an embarrassing moment on the shop floor is the best way to get my scooter repaired and back into my garage, safely.

I think I am chalking this up to another of those important Life Lessons.

To wit: Buy a good scooter, with a good warranty & an 800# - with good parts availability, and is not too hard to repair....yourself.

My LIKE200iLX fits that bill.
The only hiccup I ran into was that KYMCO USA was (understandably) not too keen on sending ME a free $220 throttle body.....they wanted a Kymco dealer to ask for it. It was at that point that sand got into the mechanism.
We're all good now.....the boys are back on the case.
What was the question again, and who moved my cheese?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
POS China Bike... Kymco Hates us.
One more time. I just like the pict...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »
Naw,
But here's a bunch of Kymco owners getting together in the U.K. for a little jam.
They're harmless and having fun - as only 50cc riders can do!

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff...
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2014, 01:29:21 AM »
The Vid. is playing while I post... How The Hell did you EVER find "Sw. House Mafia"?

I never figured you for an "Electronica" kinda guy. How 'bout NIN?  Better get a dollar from mommy... There's BAD words here.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
Placing pix here in this aging thread,  for interest sake....
Is that Mars out there?

Swung by my dealer to get some H_nda oil and ask politely about the status of my Kymco.
Made sure I had the oil with me before approaching the service desk guy - so he wouldn't think I was just stopping by to nag him. "See, I got oil hIere...!"
I said, "Good morning, just checking to see how things are going with my KYMCO scooter."
He said, "Oh, yeah, the guy that goes 20 miles per hour....."
He assured me they do have the new "$300 throttle body....just waiting on the $8 seal."
I mentioned that while looking at the exploded parts pix I was not certain what seal he was talking about, re. the throttle body?
He said to ask the parts dept., "they order the parts."

We agreed to keep in touch.....
But, happily I did get to sit on the very nice 2015 CB300F, naked bike. I really like the "up" bars on this and esp. the sticker price of $3999.00

& finally, here is a picture that always makes me smile: this is the 71st Evac Hosp., Pleiku, S.Vietnam, (II Corps, Central Highlands,1969).  This fellow is chilling & reading a letter from home...which seems OK, except note that the dust-off Huey is being pre-flighted right next to him in the revetment. Maybe his ears were damaged, as well as his legs.   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:41:07 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
How can you see the road with the tank blocking your view on that cbr300?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »
They make them that way so if you head on something... you will be thrown well above, and away from that object. Unless it happens to be a 2 story wall. Thus the "Limited warranty".

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
I have been out of the house for over a week and now just "catching up" with this, horrible event as it drags on.....I have been VERY good at NOT riding to Springfield and choking some dealer and his minions within an inch, so to speak. I have been VERY good at NOT phoning the dealer and raving and ranting at what a putz he is, his tech is and his parents and probably his kids. I have been VERY good at NOT calling KymcoUS and raving to them for not making things happen. Stig is a nice guy and deserves to have this problem solved in his favor RIGHT NOW, for cryin' out loud. Stig is exercising good judgement for being diplomatic so not to have the tech take out his embarrassment on Stig's scoot. Yeah, I've been so VERY good my stomach is in knots watching this unfold. I have seen grass grow faster. Heck, I have seen TREES grow faster. No good deed goes unpunished......

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »
I am still being good....it hasn't been easy.....

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
Here's a thought. Why not rally behind Stig and each of the members here contact Kymco USA and demand action.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
Here's a thought. Why not rally behind Stig and each of the members here contact Kymco USA and demand action.

Got excited when I saw a new post -thought something had moved re. my scoot!

OK, well I visited them on the 27th. They are waiting for a seal before they can install the throttle body.
I think I will phone the parts dept. tomorrow and see how we're doing on that part.
I was in a pretty expansive mood on the 27th after a nice long scooterin ride and 3 coffees at the Dog, the Goat & Dino's. If that seal is some kind of a weird part - it might be coming from the far Pacific. 'B & L' might know how long that takes. I don't.
Getting pretty sporty here in the mornings, but hope to visit my village again this long holiday w/e (used a little comp. time and I don't do squat on 11/11)
Sure do miss that scooter.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()