Author Topic: Xciting 250 variator or belt noise  (Read 1286 times)

KymGuy77

• View Profile
Xciting 250 variator or belt noise
« on: August 03, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
First post here so take it easy on me!  :D

I have a 2006 Xciting 250 that has quite a bit of either variator or belt noise while accelerating.  It's the typical rattle you hear people mention from time to time.

The scooter only has 2500 miles on it so I can't figure out why it's so darn noisy.  The original belt seemed a bit loose so I just replaced it with a new Bando belt.  I think it's actually a bit worse now.  I don't get it.  The rollers are in good shape and facing the correct direction and I've taken everything apart and cleaned it a couple of times.  The contra spring in the clutch appears to be fine too.

I recently got this bike to replace a Chinese 150cc scooter.  The Chinese scoot was very quiet and I'm a bit surprised by the Xciting.  It's really ruining an otherwise fantastic bike.

I've noticed a couple of others posts on here with the same problem but no one has posted a solution.  Would going to Dr. Pulley sliders help?  Does anyone on here have a quiet Xciting 250 and if so what's your trick?  :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:41:58 PM by KymGuy77 »

arcanum70

• View Profile
Re: Xciting 250 variator or belt noise
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:44:06 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what's up.  I just purchased an '07 xciting 250 and absolutely LOVE it, however I have noticed a bit of a 'rattle' while accelerating on it myself.  It's on the low end, but once I get up to about 25/30 it stops.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()