Author Topic: 2005 Mongoose 90 Transmission oil confusion  (Read 3125 times)

deerslayer303

• View Profile
2005 Mongoose 90 Transmission oil confusion
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:58:36 AM »
Hello,
    I'm new here, I just bought my daughter a low hour garage kept 2005 Mongoose 90. So I decided to join a forum for it, like I do with everything else I own and I'm glad I did. I want to do a full service on it tomorrow as its been sitting for a few years. My confusion comes in from the original owners manual I got with the quad. Its lists the transmission oil being the same as the engine oil. But the owners manual that Kymco has online (circa 2009) lists the trans oil as 80W gear oil.  So what do I put in this thing. Seems to me engine oil is really light for the gearcase. The owners manual also lists the engine as being a WATER cooled 4 cycle engine.  :D If thats the case I'll be DARNED if I can find the radiator anywhere. So where did they hide it? LOL 

On another note, Why have you guys been keeping these things a secret. This little thing is built VERY well and on par with the Japanese bikes. I had been looking at new chinese ATV's when I ran across this one on Craigslist. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()