Author Topic: Your window to all Taiwanese scooter parts  (Read 2627 times)

kfc.android

• View Profile
Your window to all Taiwanese scooter parts
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:41:17 AM »
[I'm not sure if it's okay to post here, please let me know if there's a specific sub-group that I can post this information to]

Like many of you, I am a DIY enthusiastic who loves to take care of my bike from simple car wash to something more mechanical-wise.
However, since I got my Downtown 300i here in the US, I noticed one thing: relatively high part price here compared to they are in Taiwan.
How do I know that? Simple, because I am Taiwanese and I owned 4 different scooters in Taiwan with 15+ years riding experience.

When I shopping for parts, I always check on Taiwanese websites and local dealers.
Besides of cheaper price, I've seen many special/custom made parts sold in Taiwan but not available here.
(Suspension, exhaust, transmission, engine parts, etc. You name it!!!)

At first I was dealing with several local part dealers in Taiwan for my own purpose and have my friends ship those parts over to US.
Now what I am thinking is to provide my know-how to all members of this forum, which means, I can import all types of parts (genuine, aftermarket, custom made, etc.) for you.
As long as it's legal and carrier takes it, I can provide following service:
 - Deal with sellers in Taiwan
 - Describe your need (color/size/etc. Needed if you want to order custom made part)
 - Negotiate price
 - Provide shipping address in Taiwan
 - Prepare custom form
 - Select reliable and economic air-freight carrier
 - And eventually, deliver the part to your door

All you need to do is provide me following information:
 - Manufacturer of your bike
 - Model
 - Year
 - Part Name and part number (if available)
 - Qty
 - Your Zip code

I will quote the total (to your door) price and if you feels okay with that, we can proceed to next phase.
There's no fee for price quote, you just need to allow me few days to get back to you since we do have 15hrs time difference between US and Taiwan
Of course, I need to feed myself and pay for rent, internet, electric, phone and all that cxap.
Hence if you decided to use my service, I will add a 10% service fee on top of your grand total.

My service might not be good for you if you are only looking for oil filter or other dirt cheap parts, but it could be useful if you want to find something unavailable here or something
you think its way too expensive here in the US market.

Anyways, please feel free to ask me any questions, and I wish to have the chance to help each other out in a mutual beneficial way!
Ride safe!
JC

[EDIT 1]
For websites to go to, I normally go to this eBay/Amazon-like website if I am looking for the lowest price
http://www.ruten.com.tw/
It's a PChome & eBay JV, one of the biggest online shopping websites in Taiwan.
Try to use Google translate on the webpage and search by your model first :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:09:12 AM by kfc.android »

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
Re: Your window to all Taiwanese scooter parts
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:57 AM »
So are there any particular Taiwanese websites to go to?  I like diversity in products and we all are looking for a better buy.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:51 AM »
Can you get performance parts? I need a big valve head for Kymco 250 l\c motor?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 04:09:48 AM »
So are there any particular Taiwanese websites to go to?  I like diversity in products and we all are looking for a better buy.

Yes Jeopardy,
For websites to go to, I normally go to this eBay/Amazon-like website if I am looking for the lowest price
http://www.ruten.com.tw/
It's a PChome & eBay JV, one of the biggest online shopping websites in Taiwan.
Try to use Google translate on the webpage and search by your model first :)

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »
Can you get performance parts? I need a big valve head for Kymco 250 l\c motor?

Yes, I can look that up for you.
Do you have any specific item number or any keyword I can use to search?

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:06 AM »
[EDIT 2]
To translate a webpage by Google Translate:
Use Chrome browser, go to Settings->Languages->Check on "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read."
When you are visiting a webpage in foreign language, navigate to the right most part of your web browser's address bar, look for Google Translate icon, and click on it.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 04:44:39 AM »
Thanks for the translate tips.

I did this search with no results, just want to make sure that you get nothing also.

kymco people 250
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 11:47:19 AM »
I see a lot of fair prices even in Europe but they dont ship to the USA. Scooters just aren't as popular here in the states because of our low gas prices.

I need a bit of small stuff but next year I may get a performance kit. Ill contact you maybe towards end of winter. Thanks for helping us here in the states.

May Taiwan get a fleet of F-35's!!!!!!
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
Thanks for the translate tips.

I did this search with no results, just want to make sure that you get nothing also.

kymco people 250

No problem Terry,
Since People 250 is not sold in Taiwanese market, we will need to search by part number. (I can also ask those part dealers about Compatible parts that you can use for your bike)
Can you give me more information about what type(s) of parts you are looking for?
Please feel free to ask, you'll never know the result if you don't ask :)
Thanks

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
I see a lot of fair prices even in Europe but they dont ship to the USA. Scooters just aren't as popular here in the states because of our low gas prices.

I need a bit of small stuff but next year I may get a performance kit. Ill contact you maybe towards end of winter. Thanks for helping us here in the states.

May Taiwan get a fleet of F-35's!!!!!!

Chris,
Feel free to ask me anytime either here or shoot me e-mails, nothing is to small since sometimes I might import something for myself so we can share the freight cost :)

P.S: F-35 is really nice but I'm afraid it's too good for Taiwanese Air Force. Based on my experience in Army, we are better in buying stuff instead of learning how to use it lol anyways, that's just my personal thoughts, don't take it seriously :)

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »
Thanks KFC I'll keep you in mind.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator