Author Topic: Like 200 top speed?  (Read 17446 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Like 200 top speed?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
I'm don't know how you fit on that like 200i
I rebuilt the seat --- sit so far back my knees never get near the bars. It is a very comfortable seat now....but probably has a seat height of 33+ inches with all the new foam.
At 6'3" I'm still flat footed at stop lights.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »
That's a great ideal as long as it don't affect you turns
ALL STOCK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 01:18:30 AM »
That's a great ideal as long as it don't affect you turns
My turns are perfect now that my knees have departed the situation.
I have 0 complaints about this scooter. It gives very good value, and so far has never left me stranded....even with the throttle position sensor acting up - the scoot started & idled perfectly and ran hard with no issues.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 12:25:00 AM »
That's sounds great....a problem free scoot ;D
ALL STOCK

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
6000 miles and going strong for mine. Love the Like!
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
Is it in miles or kilometers,DUD....YOU SAID MILES :o
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:06:23 AM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »
I like "truth"; so I agree it should be called the Like 170... Re: top speed, if i really wanted speed I wouldn't have sold the Ninja a few years ago :) But I really thought approaching 60years of age maybe 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds was not such a good idea. The last big bike, the 2014 Harley Heritage Classic wasn't as fast as the Ninja, but the 103 ci HD had you going 80 or 90 mph very quickly with tons of throttle left.
At Social Security age (took it early) I have come to the conclusion I should own what suits my riding habits. Looking back the 800 pound beasts (Heritage and Fatboy, etc.) they provided comfort for the passenger and a stable ride at even 90mph and above; but I realized 90% of the time I was riding solo. Heavy Traffic in my area more often than not,made speed capability not much of an issue. Most of my most pleasant riding was done at about 45 mph on the local & back roads. So I went back to a scooter. May change my mind again, but I don't think so. The Like seems to suit me; 45 & 55 mph are it's comfort zones. If (after break-in) I see if I can get her up to 60-something that might be fun, but I bet I will be found at about 45 mph (and less) most of the time...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 03:40:19 PM »
I like "truth"; so I agree it should be called the Like 170... Re: top speed, if i really wanted speed I wouldn't have sold the Ninja a few years ago :) But I really thought approaching 60years of age maybe 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds was not such a good idea. The last big bike, the 2014 Harley Heritage Classic wasn't as fast as the Ninja, but the 103 ci HD had you going 80 or 90 mph very quickly with tons of throttle left.
At Social Security age (took it early) I have come to the conclusion I should own what suits my riding habits. Looking back the 800 pound beasts (Heritage and Fatboy, etc.) they provided comfort for the passenger and a stable ride at even 90mph and above; but I realized 90% of the time I was riding solo. Heavy Traffic in my area more often than not,made speed capability not much of an issue. Most of my most pleasant riding was done at about 45 mph on the local & back roads. So I went back to a scooter. May change my mind again, but I don't think so. The Like seems to suit me; 45 & 55 mph are it's comfort zones. If (after break-in) I see if I can get her up to 60-something that might be fun, but I bet I will be found at about 45 mph (and less) most of the time...
Yep, 55mph+ on the LIKE is entertaining - but with that weight, wheelbase and 12" tires it isn't relaxing!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
My top speed 60...dealers lie!!
Agreed... I watched video of Mr. Greg Solano of Solano Scooters (three stores in Florida) he touts the Like Cruising comfortably at 60-65 mph. Mototorscooterguide.net (a respected scooter review site), sates the Like can go to 65 mph, dozens of others reviews all over the net, giving the top achievable speed to be 65 mph or higher. I believe the sales people/dealers lie (meaning they know, and are purposely being disingenuous); while the owners are biased towards embellishing results because it makes them feel better about the purchase. I am 180-183 pounds, 5'9", 32 inch inseam. Riding for over 45 years (everything from Big Harleys to Ninjas). My Like 200i has 1,000 miles on it. It's the 2015 50th Anniversary edition. The highest speed (as indicated by the bike's speedometer) has been 57 or 58 miles per hour. A few runs with a short duration (10 or 15 seconds at full throttle) have produced only 55 mph... If you're planning on being able to cruise at 60, with bursts of 65 or higher available to you, I will tell you I do not think that will happen. Maybe if you are a shorter/lighter rider (say 5'3" and a 115 or 120 pounds) you might see 65 on the speedometer (in the right weather conditions); but even that would be a generous conclusion because of the known bias of the speedometers (indication of speedometer is higher than actual speed).
Looking at options after you discover you've been lied to. The hit taken to trade out can be severe. My purchase $3,200 in change Out The Door occurred as I wrote, 1,000 miles ago (just over a month ago). Barney's of Brandon offered me between $1,000 and $1,300 in trade depending on which larger scooter I would be buying... I would give it to one of the kids as a gift before I traded it at that figure... There are reviewers touting over 70 miles per hour as top speed (one here stated 72). I believe they are doing a terrible disservice to people that are acting upon this information, that I believe is false...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:26:08 PM by PapaSoldTheHarley »

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
Agreed... I watched video of Mr. Solano of Solano Scooters (three stores in Florida) he touts the Like Cruising comfortably at 60-65 mph. Mototorscooterguide.net (a respected scooter review site), sates the Like can go 65 mph, dozens of others reviews all over the net, giving the top achievable speed to be 65 mph or higher. I believe the sales people/dealers lie (meaning they know and are purposely being disingenuous); while the owners are bias towards embellishing results because it makes them feel better about the purchase. I am 180-183 pounds, 5'9", 32 inch inseam. Riding for over 45 years (everything from Big Harleys to Ninjas). My Like 200i has 1,000 miles on it. It's the 2015 50th Anniversary edition. The highest speed as indicated by the bike's speedometer has been 57 or 58 miles per hour. A few runs with a short duration (10 or 15 seconds at full throttle) produce only 55 mph... If you're planning on being able to cruise at 60, with bursts of 65 or higher available to you, I will tell you do not think that will happen. Maybe if you are a shorter/lighter rider (say 5'3" and a 115 or 120 pounds) you might see 65 on the speedometer (in the right wether conditions); but even that is a generous conclusion because of the known bias of the speedometers (indication of speedometer is higher than actual speed).
The hit taken to trade out can be severe. My purchase $3,200 in change Out The Door occurred as I wrote, 1,000 miles ago (just over a month ago). Barney's of Brandon offered me between $1,000 and $1,300 in trade depending on which larger scooter I would be buying... I would give it to one of the kids as a gift before I traded it at that figure... There are reviewers touting over 70 miles per hour as top speed (one here stated 72). I believe they are doing a terrible disservice to people that are acting upon information that i believe is false...

Even trusted sources can give questionable reviews when speed comes in. In this review they talk 65-70 but at the end tell it like it is.

http://www.justgottascoot.com/like200.htm

Part of the problem is that salesman use "indicated" speed and on some scoots that 7% error or more.
Ever notice speedo error is never on the low side......

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
Some of these folks are stating in KPH and not MPH as far as speed reading I believe. Just so you guys don't feel too bad my Kawasaki speedometer reads about 5mph too fast. $5k bike too, so optimistic speed readings aren't just a Chinese thang................back to the stock like200, 60mph is about all your going to get with a 200lb rider broken in, I don't care what anyone claims.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 04:22:59 PM »
It IS sad when you find out that your salesman has fed you a load of schnitzle re. the LIKE's top speed.
I realy think they : 1) don't know it is really a 163cc
                            2) or, they DO know it is a 163 and think of other 150cc scooters and their top speeds.....and come to a wrong conclusion for the LIKE200i.

Whatever ....these LIKE's have a not too great re-sale value...so once the purchase is made and the mistake in its capabilities is discovered, it is tough to trade up.
I negotiated the best deal from 3 Honda dealers (phones & the internet are great bargaining tools~!) for my FORZA 300...but could not use the Kymco for a trade-in, or private sale.....not in this small midwestern town. It is worth more to me as an all weather work commuter, than the few hundreds I would have gotten for it.... And it is immaculate with 2 seats, OEM accessory crash bars and lighted top case.

I truly hope this header -"LIKE 200 top speed" will draw plenty of attention for any person out there researching the purchase of this scooter.

It is a fine looking, mid-to-small framed, urban, 50-55mph scooter.....with sketchy re-sale value. Buy it to keep it ! Tires and parts are cheap - Kymco makes the best quality replacement parts - once you have installed the NGK or Denso Iridium  plug ($7) and  Dr Pulley sliders ($25).
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
It IS sad when you find out that your salesman has fed you a load of schnitzle re. the LIKE's top speed.
I realy think they : 1) don't know it is really a 163cc
                            2) or, they DO know it is a 163 and think of other 150cc scooters and their top speeds.....and come to a wrong conclusion for the LIKE200i.

Whatever ....these LIKE's have a not too great re-sale value...so once the purchase is made and the mistake in its capabilities is discovered, it is tough to trade up.
I negotiated the best deal from 3 Honda dealers (phones & the internet are great bargaining tools~!) for my FORZA 300...but could not use the Kymco for a trade-in, or private sale.....not in this small midwestern town. It is worth more to me as an all weather work commuter, than the few hundreds I would have gotten for it.... And it is immaculate with 2 seats, OEM accessory crash bars and lighted top case.

I truly hope this header -"LIKE 200 top speed" will draw plenty of attention for any person out there researching the purchase of this scooter.

It is a fine looking, mid-to-small framed, urban, 50-55mph scooter.....with sketchy re-sale value. Buy it to keep it ! Tires and parts are cheap - Kymco makes the best quality replacement parts - once you have installed the NGK or Denso Iridium  plug ($7) and  Dr Pulley sliders ($25).
Stig
Stig I think your # 2 point my be true for many. They know nothing about the product and just make an assumption of a healthy guess upward from the top speeds of the 15cc scoots they may have been familiar with.
But as you say the Like performs very well for what it is. Just took here (dodging rain clouds) for a 30 mile run to get "Hank the Pug" his dog food. US41 to County road 54 just past the Suncoast Parkway and return. Windy as all get out, but hit no rain. The Like is fun! 1,000 miles not a hiccup (no slip of belts, no loose fasteners, no unknown squeaks, starts in a second and a half every time I hit the button. brakes are fine). When measuring what I would get, I doubt a trade is forthcoming. If my youngest wanted another toy I would give it to her before I let a dealer have it for a third of what I paid just a short time ago. On a different note, I hit that same dip in the road on County road 54 again... You would think I learned, guess not :)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:37 PM »
Like 200 is a fine scoot if you don't get 1 of the lemons. Say 1 out of 5000 like mine was, then get no dealer or Kymco support. Look at all the posts here that are positive with many 1000s of miles on them. Thing is folks expect 200cc results with a 150cc engine class. For the money your getting a lot of scoot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()