Author Topic: Discontinued?  (Read 3165 times)

Super Scooter Guy

• View Profile
Discontinued?
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:33:58 AM »
I have noticed that on Kymco USA's website the Xciting has been removed. It seems like it is being discontinued. Are they bring the 400 over? Also what do you all thing this means for parts. I have the 2013 Xciting so I am somewhat concerned.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:37:33 AM »
Don't sweat it with parts. Kymco is required by law to support bikes up to 9 years after model year. Unless the company goes down, which they won't, were cool 😎. As for availability I'll have to check.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
I agree with B&L. Also, the X500 was made for such a long period of time, and is continued to be made, That parts will never be a problem. Also, Kymco uses the same parts for many different scoots that are inter changeable. I hope this means they are bringing in the 400i? From all the press/post/discussions I have read about the bike,it is a super scoot. It's just a little less powerful than the X500 (by 2 H.P.) or so? But is liter, frame is more stiff to stop flexing, has a front triple tree like a motorcycle, and the rear suspension has been up-graded also, along with much better Bosch brakes. If I could afford a new scoot this would probably be the bike I would chose? But we will have to wait and see? I just hope it's as comfortable as the X500? :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Forgot to mention! It makes sense that they would drop the X500 and then bring in the 400i. It would sell better, and I can not see them having a 200i, 300i, X400, X500 & 700i in there line up. Makes no sense, to many models. :-*

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »
Yeah, they need a 600 too:)

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Skutorr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
It makes sense that they would drop the X500 and then bring in the 400i. It would sell better, and I can not see them having a 200i, 300i, X400, X500 & 700i in there line up. Makes no sense, to many models. :-*

A new review in Spain of the Xciting 400i ABS RAVES about it! 20 Kg LIGHTER than the 500, with almost the SAME Hp/Torque, with a brand new, much more efficient engine. They summed it up this way: it's as nimble as a 300, is as fast as a 500 and with the triple-tree front end and triple discs with ABS and sintered brake pads handles and stops just like a sports bike. The only comparison in their minds was the Tmax 530, but the Xciting 400i was MUCH cheaper and handled as well! They say you "forget you are on a Scooter!"

http://www.motorpasionmoto.com/zona-de-pruebas/kymco-xciting-400i-abs-prueba-conduccion-y-prueba-de-abs
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:36:14 PM by Skutorr »

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »
I emailed Kymco USA, and they said yes the X500 has been discontinued. They also said the 400i will not be imported for the year 2015, but they are looking a different models to import in 2016???? I think they want to clear out the left over X500's from dealer stock before they bring in the 400i???? My 2 cent's? :-*

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:39:50 PM »
Ack! I was so hoping for the 400i for 2015. If the XMax 400 yamaha is here next year then I will not wait for the Kymco.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »
Take a look at the Piaggio X10 350 & 500. The 500 is a dual spark plug head and makes 40 plus horse power with great MPG. If they bring them here they will be hard to over look. SYM also makes a 400, and a 600 single. Saw a video where the 600 was cruising at 190 plus KPH, I think this is around 118 MPH? But neither of them will be brought into the USA anytime soon? >:( :( :'( :-*

Skutorr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 04:57:37 AM »
In a Spanish review the Xciting 400i HANDILY beat the MaxSym 400i and the X-10 350 and the Xmax 400i in overall performance and utility. The Xciting was just a much fresher, better design across the board. The Xmax and X-10 350 only have a 13" rear tire, to maximize space at the price of performance.

The SYMs will NEVER be here, their import system is fataly flawed; they are struggling to just get them into the UK, with an established reputation, but few dealers are willing to take them on, and more are DROPPING them. Yamaha has given up on the US market, and is just dumping on us the last remaining OBSOLETE Majesty 400s they quit selling to everyone but North America since 2010! Since then, they redesigned the Majesty for the REST of the world and had a 5 year production run, which is now OVER. When the OLD Majesty finally leaves here and Canada, you can BET they'll take the Tmax 530 out of Canada also, just leaving us with Vino's and little "Scooter" crap like that. NO MORE YAMAHA MAXIs.

WHY? NO DEMAND or DEALERS who WANT them, that's it. It looks like the Xciting 400i might get here in 2016, as stated above, as some strong VESPA/BUDDY/KYMCO combined dealerships exist, NOT competing with Motorcycle/Watercraft/Dirt Bike/Etc. sales.

KYMCO has the expertise to do it, and I think the will. Especially after BMW's horrifically-flawed roll-out of their unreliable CRAP C600/650's, I'm hoping KYMCO takes on the Sport Scooter Market that the Tmax absolutely OWNS (over 200,000 sold worldwide!), and comes up with a new two-cylinder 700cc Automatic Super Sport (what Tmax called theirs in 2008) and kicks EVEYONES BUTTS! 8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:01:11 AM by Skutorr »

alpha dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Sad to hear the xciting 500 being discontinued, however am glad parts will be around.  Really appreciate what Skutorr had to say about the 400i.  Went and read reviews about it and it has been quite well received.  Rather have the 15 inch wheel on front as I think this is a big advantage over the other 14 and 13 of competitors.  I am always amazed at how my 500 absorbs the bumps so common here in sw Ohio.   I hope they bring the 400i in.  Shame no Tmax, or Integra.  Jeepers honda sold over 15 million 2 wheelers worldwide last year, the most of any mfg by a wide margin and Yamaha also does well and one would think they could bring in some to try and open a scooter market in this country.  Maybe all it would take would be some kind of marketing program over here.  Most people and motorcyclist are really unaware of maxi scooters and are surprised when I tell them what mine can do.  I just joined a riding club last week and went on a 350 mile ride with them on my Suzuki Boulevard this past Sunday.  They are open to all motorcycles and there is a good mix of harleys and metrics.  Wonder what they will think when next trip I go with them on my Xciting 500ri.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()