Author Topic: Star-tron fuel treatment, what do you think?  (Read 1438 times)

bluescoot125

• View Profile
Star-tron fuel treatment, what do you think?
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
I've been putting star tron fuel treatment in my agility125 it claims to have all kinds of benefits including disbursing water and ethanol and just overall good for your engine it says.  What are your thoughts/ experiences?  Also it says overdosing is not harmful so I just dump in an oz or 2 even though it's too much because it only holds a little more than a gallon is that ok?

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Star-tron fuel treatment, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:25 PM »
I've used Startron for years in my boats and now use it in my scoots. Never an issue.
For the first time in years I needed to "winterized" one of my rides. Ran the Startron thru and let it sit 5 freezing months. Starred right up and ran fine.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
We sell Startron and also have never seen any issues with it. It's got lil live creatures in it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:59 AM »
Suppose to disperse water in gas, put gas in a bucket with a little water and Star-tron did nothing. Not sure how to test for the other. 
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

bluescoot125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
I saw someone did an experiment like that on you tube. Not sure that it's really supposed to disperse large amounts of water though. My impression was it would help with unnoticeable amounts of moisture that u might get from old gas or from ethenol attracting moisture

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:22:25 AM »
I saw someone did an experiment like that on you tube. Not sure that it's really supposed to disperse large amounts of water though. My impression was it would help with unnoticeable amounts of moisture that u might get from old gas or from ethenol attracting moisture

You might be right, I was thinking of condensation that could build up in a gas tank and that I have had on several occasions in my float bowl.

I may still have photos somewhere.

Don't know how to test other claims made, I would like to know the additives work.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 06:08:48 AM »
Liquid Performance  Ethanol Equalizer  - great stuff. My wifes 2009 Agility would sputter at 35-40mph. After putting some of this in and riding about .5 mile- it just took off and has run great ever since. I have used Sea Foam from day one and I have 5000 mile on her. I just sprayed (cleaned) out the inner carb. and adjusted the valves with no luck until I tried this stuff. Watch the video demo on youtube, I believe they compare it to Star-tron ! I have another rider try it on his 2005 Triumph and it cleared out his rough idle and help his throttle performance. The local BMW shop swears by this stuff, and now I do.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()