Author Topic: Cyclic vibration  (Read 1268 times)

motorandy

• View Profile
Cyclic vibration
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
Hello,

Picked up a 2004 P150 about 3 weeks ago.  I noticed a cyclic vibration that occurs between 45 and 55 MPH (indicated).  The tires appear okay (some cracking).  I suspect stuck rollers or a bad belt.  What I would like to know from the members is, do other P150 do the same thing? 

Thanks!

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: Cyclic vibration
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »
Welcome, my 2005 P150 does not have that problem.

motorandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I guess my next move is to remove the belt cover and check the rollers and belt.

Best,
MotoRandy

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:01 AM »
The OEM rollers in my 2005 People 150 are 18 mm x 14 mm x 15 g.  I replaced my OEM rollers with 13 g sliders and the top and bottom end is very similar to the rollers.  If anything, I might have gained a little on the bottom end and lost a little on the top end but it is hard to tell.  Acceleration is very smooth.   I have  put several thousand km on the sliders now and I have been very happy with them.....no problems to date.  If you need to replace the rollers, you might consider going with the Dr. Pulley sliders.

motorandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 04:52:41 AM »
Well, I removed the belt cover and found the rollers had flat spots in them  I bought Dr Pulley sliders (13 g) and the small variator plastic pieces (3) for the cover.  I then took it for a ride to see what change had occurred in the vibration.  It's gone!  Nice and smooth up and down the entire powerband. 

Thanks for everyone's input.  It helped.

Best,
MotoRandy

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()