Author Topic: starting my super 8 without battery  (Read 1458 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: starting my super 8 without battery
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 03:02:28 AM »
So are you going to make us guess what is going on here?

You got to let us know how you are powering this thing.
Wayne

sunjejin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:21:12 AM »
So are you going to make us guess what is going on here?
You got to let us know how you are powering this thing.

even your super 8 can do the same as showned in this video, nothings magic and guesting how work on this, if your battery is totally drained you can use the KICKSTARTER then it can power up your engine, our stator running in dc power.. so no need to worry if you got drain or totally no battery, you can run it and go.. thats the power of SUPER 8 we've got...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:29:19 AM by sunjejin »

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
Shows my ignorance of the electrical system on this thing. I just figured the lights, etc were drawing power from the battery not the stator directly. I know they are all interconnected but I would think that with a stock lighting system like I have the lights would go bright/dim based on the throttle position. Or does the stator put out a constant voltage no matter the throttle position?
Wayne

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Just curious, what is the stator and where is it found on the S8?  Also, what is the little number display on the bottom corner of your S8, sunjejin?
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:33:12 AM »
Just curious, what is the stator and where is it found on the S8?  Also, what is the little number display on the bottom corner of your S8, sunjejin?
The stator is like the alternator on your car. It generates electricity to keep the battery charged and supplies the electrical components with power. The stator is located on the right hand side of the scooter. Look for the round black plastic shroud. It's behind that. My guess on the readout below the speedo is a volt meter attached to the battery.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()