Author Topic: Kymco Downtown 300 - Puig V-Tech Line Sport Windshield  (Read 936 times)

Jamesb

• View Profile
Kymco Downtown 300 - Puig V-Tech Line Sport Windshield
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
I have just installed a Puig  V-Tech Line Sport Windshield and the wind buffeting and noise level is intolerable at any speed above 40-50 km/hr.  Has anyone tried this product out and found a solution?

http://bit.ly/1kLR4X2

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Downtown 300 - Puig V-Tech Line Sport Windshield
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »
Hey, James! Saw your post is starting to get moldy so thought I would add my 2 cents worth: I checked out your link and may have discovered the cause of the noise and buffeting. The after market screen is too short and narrow. Put the Kymco screen back on or get a Givi. Hope that is not too blunt but darn! That rice grinder screen is too small for the normal seated position on a DT300i. In my opinion.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »
I think your righrt onkarl. the Puig is designed for people who like to cruch behind the handle bars.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:49:27 AM »
I have the givi sheild ,. and it has hand protection, and 4 " higher over stock sheild ,.  I have raised my seat 4" and moved the but stop back 5 ",. so with my 6 foot I am sitting and looking well over the sheild,  my helmet is in the wind and getting bug splat, I am hard of hearing so the wind noise does not bother me,. I do not wear my hearing aids when I ride,. 5 years working on saber jets will do that to you,  back in the early 50 s the air force did not give any one hearing protection,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()