Author Topic: HELP !!! Stuck trying to remove FRAME BODY COVER in my Agility 50  (Read 1923 times)

Aquaviva

• View Profile

I am trying to solve a problem with my Agility 50 gas gauge. Now I have to enter into the gas tank to check the floaters and the power continuity. But I have been unable to remove the Frame Body Cover located right on top of the gas tank. I am afraid to press or pull more because this plastic stuff is quite fragil. I have removed all visible screws and still is hard  like a remorse. Can any friendly soul give a good piece of advise to remove it without hurting anything.

Thanks for your help!!!

Aquaviva

Aquaviva

• View Profile
Re: HELP !!! Stuck trying to remove FRAME BODY COVER in my Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

EVEN MORE HELP !!!

I managed to remove the frame body cover and reach to the gas floaters. This is the problem : If I take the system outside the tank it will show quite well the ups and downs of the needle accordingly the case. But once the floater is inside the tank the fuel gauge remains static, is dead. What's going on guys ?

PLease help with a practical solution !!!

Regards,

Aquaviva

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
Check the float in a tub of water to make sure it's floating still. Also there is a correct way to install it in the tank, Su that it doesn't hit the tank.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »

Thank you BettinANDlosing!!!  I did that and the floaters are ok. The problem remains that once inside  the tank the fuel gauge does not move at all. I tried all possible  positions once set inside the tank but the fuel gauge doe not  work at all. Only when I have it on my hands then the fuel gauge shows  FULL  and EMPTY. What else can I do  ?

Regards,

Aquaviva

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:15:47 AM »
Pinch the contact where it meets the wire, bend it with needle noise pliers. Otherwise make sure your tank is full, they read empty around half tank so.....
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:34 AM »
I think it is shorting the positive to ground.
Does it read FULL when you install it? even w/ an empty tank?

PLease help with a practical solution !!!

Dip stick?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »

This is addressed to both BettinANDlossing and zombie. Unfortunately I don't have a tester to check polarities and I am not very well versed on electrical issues. But your advises I can follow if you could send me a graphic on what and where to apply the suggested procedures. Once I take the floater off the tank if I lift or bring down the floater the fuel gauge goes up and down accordingly. Even I tried  with a water tank and the floater  works fine. But when I reinstall it inside the tank the fuel gauge is dead. Please tell me how can I short the positive to the ground. What end of the system is the positive ? Or is it from the plastic connector which contacts the system wires to the wires going to the fuel gauge. Also for BettinANDlossing I would appreciate a graphic. I quite don't get  where exactly is the point to pinch....what is "it" that meets the wire ? The tank otherwise is almost full. I have my scooter outside dismantled waiting to solve this issue to go on with my daily life. Please report back.

Thank you for  your concern to help.

Aquaviva

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »

and this goes to zombie........What do you mean with  dip stick ? ? How to use it for fixing this problem ?

Thanks,

Aquaviva

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »
If you put it in a tank of water and it reads full, it half when you lift it a little, the gauge is working wiring wise. To zombies question, does it read full always or empty installed? I believe you have an installation issue. It has to go in a certain way to clear the edge of the tank. Try turning it and see if that works. Also, full tank off gas?

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:04:51 AM »

Exactly !!! That was what I just did and it worked !!! I set the float system facing in the direction where the tank is longer and the fuel gauge started working as it should do. I will be driving the scooter this morning with full tank to see how the system behaves. But now I am very grateful to you for your sharp guidance.

I will report back !!!

Thanks a LOT !!!!

Aquaviva

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
Great success!!!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()