Author Topic: Bad news about 2t in USA  (Read 7800 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Bad news about 2t in USA
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »
Got some bad news from my guys at Kymco today. Looks like stricter EPA restrictions will not allow import of 2015 two stroke scooters. Super 8 50 will have an Agility based engine (GY6 qmb). Yep, if you want a new one get it now. But there are loads of used 2t, no worry there. Not sure if this apply only to Kymco or all brands.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news about 2t in USA
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
The SR50 is the only 2t you can still get after 2014 in the US. Fuel Injection is the reason. They simply map them to EPA guide lines
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:13:34 PM »
Damn shame. But, let's fact it.....2T engines are for 50cc & that isn't happening with my body!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
I thought CARB was why you couldnt get them not the epa. They cant sell them to californians so f@ck everyone else in the country.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:33 PM »
I thought CARB was why you couldnt get them not the epa. They cant sell them to californians so f@ck everyone else in the country.
Usually that has been the case, but 2015 the EPA standards are going up making them not importable.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

tanuki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
Meanwhile its perfectly OK to drive around in a 3/4 ton diesel truck belching out all sorts of black soot and sulphur dioxide. :o

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Meanwhile its perfectly OK to drive around in a 3/4 ton diesel truck belching out all sorts of black soot and sulphur dioxide. :o
'Murica

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 02:02:36 AM »

EPA follows CARB for some asinine reason.  Apparently the rest of us have to suffer because of decisions made by ill-informed bureaucrats in California.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »
EPA follows CARB for some asinine reason.  Apparently the rest of us have to suffer because of decisions made by ill-informed bureaucrats in California.

This is why I am glad I do not live in California. If it is about saving the earth from climate change, the consensus is not in on it. There are those in the scientific community who think Global Warming is the biggest hoax in the history our planet.

Does this mean all the vintage bikes will be outlawed too in Cali? I know those who love the old vintage vespas and lambrettas do not like the modern scooters. What I love about those old bikes is the smell of the gasoline mixing with the oil. It has that unique smell which is the smell of freedom in my opinion.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
These guidelines were set up in the early 80's. Every year brings less emissions, and fewer options for the engines we all like.

Everything on the road PRE standards must meet the emissions guidelines for the year the engine was built. This is only an issue in states that test emissions but... If your 1970 vespa can not pass the emissions standard from that era it will not be registrable. Vehicles made before standards will be running into a set minimum.
Maybe that will keep Jay Leno off the street w/ his old crap w/ no registration/plates/insurance. Some how I doubt it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:14 AM »
Actually you are wrong about deisels. Since about 2011 all highway capable deisel vehicles are required to ise DEF. They got new restructions too sir.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
On the Global warming tip... Planets beyond us are also loosing their ice to liquid water. It's not because of anything we did here... The Sun is rising in temperature. Why do you think the US has never signed anything to reduce our "footprint"?  The Kyoto Protocol was implemented to get the rest of the world to reduce emissions/fuel usage.

The sole purpose of the global warming scam? To reduce the worlds fuel usage so we can have more!
Thanks Mr. Gore! Now I can burn thousands of gallons a year.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 01:27:27 AM »
On the Global warming tip... Planets beyond us are also loosing their ice to liquid water. It's not because of anything we did here... The Sun is rising in temperature. Why do you think the US has never signed anything to reduce our "footprint"?  The Kyoto Protocol was implemented to get the rest of the world to reduce emissions/fuel usage.

The sole purpose of the global warming scam? To reduce the worlds fuel usage so we can have more!
Thanks Mr. Gore! Now I can burn thousands of gallons a year.

I humbly disagree with you on this one. Global warming might be a scam in the scene AL Gore has to do with it, but there is no friking way that 200+ years of industrial revolution has ZERO effect on the planet. We humans have pumped so much GARBAGE into the atmosphere in that time period. Not much we can do about that now except move away from the ocean, sadly. I do however see how people are manipulating the climate change issue for personal gain which is sad, there is a real issue here that my kin will certainly have to deal with more than we do. I hope we can still be friends zombie....... LOL This subject seems to cause uproar on other forums, and I don't mean to ridicule, just my view on the subject.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 03:43:27 AM »
I F'n HATE you now. Really!

No not really... I actually agree w/ you. If you take any sealed environment it will eventually over populate, and die from its own waste.
Have you seen those glass balls w/ shrimp, and algae or some such... They do live for some time but they pollute, and die.
I believe the earth is the same. We are sealed in here. The most important thing we have done IMHO is to completely remove the Ozone layer. That alone has turned out planet into a Giant microwave oven. In the 80's the big talk was a hole in the Ozone. Today there is nothing left.

All the other crap could have been reversed/fixed. BUT the demand on the planet from Billions of people will lead to a major failure of our life support "system".

That part the conspirators have right... The population must be cut in order for life as we know it to continue.
Might I suggest a murder suicide pact... Everyone flips a coin to see who is who. I have a two headed quarter so I will flip for us, and I call heads.
This should go just fine... ;D

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 04:16:14 AM »
I F'n HATE you now. Really!

No not really... I actually agree w/ you. If you take any sealed environment it will eventually over populate, and die from its own waste.
Have you seen those glass balls w/ shrimp, and algae or some such... They do live for some time but they pollute, and die.
I believe the earth is the same. We are sealed in here. The most important thing we have done IMHO is to completely remove the Ozone layer. That alone has turned out planet into a Giant microwave oven. In the 80's the big talk was a hole in the Ozone. Today there is nothing left.

All the other crap could have been reversed/fixed. BUT the demand on the planet from Billions of people will lead to a major failure of our life support "system".

That part the conspirators have right... The population must be cut in order for life as we know it to continue.
Might I suggest a murder suicide pact... Everyone flips a coin to see who is who. I have a two headed quarter so I will flip for us, and I call heads.
This should go just fine... ;D

Yeah i was in the san Jose natural history museum a while back and they had an awesome biosphere, about 6' wide and apparently they started it with no life but just the "building blocks" and it got started itself, obviously no large life like shrimp and the like, but still very cool. I don't think anyone can say really how much damage we have done because we can only infer from ice cores what the climate has really done, we can only say that we HAVE effected the climate. For the same reason you don't run a scooter in a closed garage, you can only run so many billions of cars in our biosphere without causing effects. And that's not even taking into account the BILLIONS of tons of coal that have been burned in the last 200 years.  But its one of those things, the western countries burned the sh** out of coal to get where we are today, yet were disgusted by China and their massive coal pollution. All they are doing is copying a very successful economic plan that led most of the world to "success". We are all in this sticky situation together, almost ask e of us will go down together unless we all work towards a cleaner way of living. Sadly i have a feeling that e will exhaust most of the supply of oil, the revert right back to burning coal. There is nothing we know of that comes even close to the energy level of oil, we should be using that precious liquid to set ourselves up for the future, not squander it away by the ton. It's alot easier to develop technology now than it will be after oil is gone or 5000$ a barrel. Sorry for the rant i had a few beers after work haha

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()