Author Topic: Need Help with New 2013 MXU 500  (Read 1457 times)

newkymco

• View Profile
Need Help with New 2013 MXU 500
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:22 AM »
Just bought a 2013 Kymco MXU 500.  Shifting does not seem as smooth as would like, maybe I am doing something wrong.  Can someone help answer the following and provide suggestions on what I may be doing wrong. 
1. Does the rear or front brake need to be pressed to shift out of Park or any other gear.  I know to go into Park the rear brake has to be pressed.
2. Should I be able to shift from P to H or L, because it seems like I can only go to R or N from P?
3. Should I be able to shift from N to P?
3. Going from R to P have trouble shifting into P.  Seems like I have to go back in reserves, stop try again and eventually goes into P.  I have the rear brake pressed.  Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:20:49 AM »
Sounds like you are binding up the drivetrain before shifting.  If you stop solid and attempt to shift the gears don't seperate smoothly due to torque applied to them.  Try shifting while out of park while stopped and the brakes not applied.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with New 2013 MXU 500
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »
Try changing the gear case fluid, and inspect the linkages. My guess is a pivot or bracket is loose. You should be able to go directly into whatever gear you choose. There are no interlocks in the shifter or transmission.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:16 PM »
These engines do by have a separate gear case, they are shared sump motors.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()