Author Topic: 49cc EFI de-restriction (Compagno 50i)  (Read 18179 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 49cc EFI de-restriction (Compagno 50i)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »
That sounds great, and what you said about tire pressure, and air temp are correct. The bike will have More pep, and better speed w/ better conditions.

I'm really happy for you. Nice job!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 12:29:14 AM »
Thanks man for all the help.  Appreciate all the replies.  I did ask kymco to call me back and my service dept at dealer to figure out how to make it faster.  They never got back to me and wanted like 80 bucks for 10 minutes work.  Did it myself, learned, and plan on trying to do my own maintenance, except maybe let them do the brakes.

I would recommend this scooter to anyone who wants a moped legal scooter in kansas since the honda mets and ruckus are not restricted but tagged as motorcycle.

But for the money difference I think a used carb type kymco might be better fit for most-- i just wanted fuel injection so i would avoid screwing with carbs and for easy starts.

Total mods-- replaced variator drive boss face from restricted to smooth-- 7 bucks shipped, removed screw on throttle free, and replaced stock 7 gram rollers with 6 gram sliders-- 23 bucks shipped-- total cost to de-restrict 30 bucks-- well ok, 45 bucks for an electric impact and 17mm impact socket.-- 75 bucks.  Still cheaper than one service from dealer and now have my own tools.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:32:11 AM by riadat »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 02:22:22 AM »
I love your attitude. You are a born scooterist.  ;)

Your sliders will out last 7-8 sets of rollers as well so you can take that cost right off the top!
I was going thru one set per month of the cheap ebay rollers, and 2-3 sets of Molissi/Polini a year. My sliders have been in the bike for almost four years, and they still look the same as the day I installed them.

One of the best value parts I have. ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »
And the saga continues.  I got my paperwork and it says right on it 3.6 bhp, and 3.5 is moped in ks and 3.6 is motorcycle.

Dealer typed me out letter saying it was factory restricted to 30 mph if that doesn't work i have to get motorcycle license.

Dealer told me if it is a motorcycle they will help me make it go as fast as possible.  That is pretty cool at least.

So I will keep posted as to what can be done etc.  He said the fuel injector might be programmable for one thing.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:33:34 AM by riadat »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 02:24:00 AM »
Tell DMV to put the bike on a Dyno. My gut says 3.2BHP at the rear wheel is more in line w/ reality.

My gut also says you will never get away w/ telling DMV what to do... never mind.

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:17 PM »
It worked out.  Long and short of it was-- I was very nice and polite and the tag guy gave me the benefit of the doubt and tagged it moped.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »
The pet rattle snake, and six gun on your hip had Nothing to do w/ it, im sure...  Score one for the good guys!

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »
Just got a Compagno 50 in last week. Put it together and it run about 30mph on flat. Im 200lbs.

It has zero restriction from the factory so hopefully it looses up a bit and gets 38-40mph  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()