Author Topic: 700I prices?  (Read 15827 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 700I prices?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »
Dude . You can buy a bunch of chopper  parts, and build what I showed for FAR lesss $$$$ than you spend on a scooter. This is what I dont' understand about why you guys buy Cheap China Plastic,and think it's safe.

When I crash I pick up my bike, and hit the bars with a rock, and drive on. You all have to wait for Gieco!
Sorry for the miss post. You know I love ya! BUT I'm gonna be riding my 50cc scoot faster, and longer than any of your Maxi scoots. Sorry fellas!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »
Just my 2 cents here but if a 250 to 300 will do every speed limit in the country is there any real practical reason to have a bigger motor? Hell in china 250 is the limit because it does all legal speeds.  My Like was scary on the highway but the People does great. Im always ahead of traffic. I dont see where it is supposed to feel dangerous aside from just being on two wheels. Weight feels unsafe to me. Slowly moving something as heavy as a myroad seems like it would be easy to drop it. And then a bitch to lift up. Ever put your feet down and one slides as it comes down on sand or gravel? Id worry about that happening with a heavy ride. Around here people show off with big loud heavy bikes that are slow and a pain to manuver at slow speeds. They get 20 mpg less and spent 5 times as much. Then a sport bike half the price and with a smaller motor smokes it. Its crazyness to me. i've never seen a cruiser motorcycle going fast, guess its a price thing. If I paid 30 grand for a big, slow, heavy, midlife crisis, vigra replacement i'd be afraid to open it up too.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »
Also those myroads go for 10grand here. For that you could buy the 700cc honda ctx with the duel clutch automatic trans that has manual shifting as well. You even have money left over. Id buy the motorcycle and i bet it would be better to live with.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 06:38:18 PM »
Dude . You can buy a bunch of chopper  parts, and build what I showed for FAR lesss $$$$ than you spend on a scooter. This is what I dont' understand about why you guys buy Cheap China Plastic,and think it's safe.

When I crash I pick up my bike, and hit the bars with a rock, and drive on. You all have to wait for Gieco!
Sorry for the miss post. You know I love ya! BUT I'm gonna be riding my 50cc scoot faster, and longer than any of your Maxi scoots. Sorry fellas!

Well, I don't buy 'cheap China plastic', I purchased a Korean bike and a Taiwanese bike (neither country is China).  And, I did not buy  a scooter thinking it was safe.  I purchased one instead of a motorcycle because they cost less to maintain, they get better fuel mileage, they have better storage without having to spend a lot of money on extra boxes and bags, and I have a medical problem that keeps me from throwing my leg over a bike like I used to be able to.  So, for less money I have a vehicle that costs me less to maintain, is more practical, costs me less to run, and can keep up with the speed limits on both interstate and highway.  As to your running your 50cc scoot faster and longer than any of us on our maxi scoots...perhaps, that all comes down to how we maintain our scoots (as it is with any vehicle).
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
I have owned several Burgman 650's.  A '13 being my latest.  They really are a beautiful machine.  The major thing I didn't like about them was seat and rear suspension.  Anything over 50 +/- miles and my ass was squirming all over.  And, if you happened to hit any type of bump, the recoil shoots right up your spine.  I think that if they are going to continue to lead the maxi-scooter market...they are going to have to follow the BMW lead and go with at least 15" wheels and change their rear suspension.  I had mine on the highway/interstate several times.  It handled it fine but there was always an uncomfortable feeling.  Personally, I always try to avoid them anyway.  The back roads get you there too.  The pricing for all the Maxi-Scoots are pretty close now.  (within $1000 anyway)  With that in mind I would definitely lean toward the Japanese brands or the BMW.  I am a huge fan of KYMCO but I personally think that they should stay focused on the smaller scooters.  I sat on that Honda CTX the other day.  It was very comfy.  Nice upright riding position, forward controls....really nice.  What scares me away from them is the number of new bikes that Honda is pumping out each year that seem to just fade away. 

Back to the scooter debate.  I had my Burgman 650 and a People 200s at the same time.  I found that I enjoyed riding the People more than I did the Burgman.  My solution was that I off'd both of them when I found the GT300i.  As stated earlier, it exceeds any posted speed limit at half the price and is still a blast to ride.  The Burgman was fun..the GT300i is ALOT of fun.   No payment is nice too.

If you have your heart set on the 700 KYMCO.....go for it.  I am sure you will enjoy it.  Now is a good time to look for a last years model while all of the new ones are coming in.

What I don't like is that it appears that the market is creeping toward a full liter scooter.  Makes no sense.
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
Full 1,000 cc touring scooter makes perfect sense to me. Would make a great touring bike. Why should kymco stick to the small scoot market? The x500 makes for a great in town or hwy bike. 400i is one of the best maxi scoots on the market. You can tour on a 300i also. 700 is right up there with the big burger and BMW 650's. If someone made a 1,000 cc touring scoot with hard Givi type bag's and top box with back rest, this combined with the under seat storage, and full fairing with long wide seat, would make for the perfect touring bike. If sold at 10-12,000 dollars and 50 plus MPG, sure beats a $20,000 and up Goldwing at 28 MPG. ??? :-*

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »
I think that was the point I was trying to make.  These 500's, 650's & 700's tour just fine. (as does my newly acquired 300) Continuing up to a possible 1000cc really just keeps prices going up.  A 650 Burgman is already close to $12,000. The others are close behind.  Add an aftermarket option or two and you have spend some major $$$.  Many of the cruiser motorcycles out there are in the 1800cc range.  I've been riding for a lot of years....I just don't understand the need for a motor that big when the smaller cc bikes do the same thing.  I dream of the idea of someday owning a Goldwing.  I just could never justify it when I can do basically the same thing on a 650 Burgman for half the price.  We have had three KYMCO's over the years and not a single problem with any of them.  I am a big fan of them.  I guess I just see them as more of a "typical" scooter company than a maxi-scooter company.  Not knocking them..but if I were going to spend $10,000 +/- on a maxi, I would stay Japanese or the BMW.    The 400 is not available around here.  That would be a nice size bike and about where I would make my cut off between a scooter and a Maxi-scooter.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 01:48:39 PM »
I agree, 1800 cc is way over board. The triumph triple is 2300 cc???? How much do you need? I owned 1 BMW 750 twin, 2 BMW 1,000 cc twins, and 2 Harley FLT dressers. 60 HP max for all. Toured every where. Max speed limit is 75. Who needs 140 HP? Yes a bigger bike with hard bag's and such would cost more, but 12,000 to 15,000 for a 1,000 cc touring scoot with all the bells and whistles makes much more sense to me than a 20,000 plus HOG or Goldwing? I agree, total over kill. :-*

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
My 2012 Goldwing is my 76th motorcycle/ scooter and at this time I also have a 2013 Xciting 500.

My Goldwing consistently gets 45 mpg at Interstate speeds and ironically, so does my Xciting 500.

To get 28 mpg's, I'd have to cruise through Montana again at a sustained 100+ mph, so don't make it look like the GW is this huge gas hog.

The comfort of a GW is unsurpassed but my past BMW K1200LT-C came very close.

Several 1800cc Cruisers were sure fun and practical for my commute also.

I love scooters and have had 6 Maxi-scooter's and 3 sub-maxi scooters and all put a smile on my face when I rode them but there is something about having 125-150 rear wheel horsepower that is invigorating.

I know pride of ownership and ego makes some people believe THEIR bike/ scoot is something special and oh so fast that a 50cc scooter can outrun the rest of us:)

If you live in the city and commute in the city, then enjoy your scooter and it's efficiency and I will enjoy my quick and Xciting 150 mile breakfast and lunch runs.

Like the late and often quoted, bastion of common sense, Rodney King once said: "Can't we all just get along?"

Sam:)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:00:14 PM by Porkie »
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
Yes we can....that's why we're all here.  Someday I am going to test ride a Goldwing. (my local dealer has been trying to get me to ride one for a while now) But I refuse to so until I have enough money for the down payment because I know I will have own one.  Your report of 45MPG helps considerably!  Thanks a lot.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 09:00:12 PM »
If anyone in the PNW is looking for a MyRoad 700i, we have one going for $8000 out the door. Columbia Scooters
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 03:52:41 PM »
I'm not knocking anyone's ride. Own & or ride what you want. I'm just saying why pay $$$$ for a bike when one for 5-7 thousand will get the job done. Also, never met a 6 cylinder gold wing owner that stated they got over 35MPG, and I have known many. I guess their all lairs?  :-*

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »
I have no idea what a "lairs" is.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forums.php

I guess this forum will show many "lairs," that get the mileage I quoted.

Funny, it jumped from 28 to 35 mpg---odd how quickly that happened.

A little 'City car' will get the job done too---but who wants one in the real commuting world?

The Goldwing has set the standard for touring bikes since it's debut in 1975. Some say the new BMW K1600GTL is as good as or better and the Harley Electraglide series is in the mix also. In my extremely humble opinion, all others are pretenders and just sportbikes/ adventure bikes with a few add on accessories to make them more practical.

$20,000 to $30,000 plus may seem extravagant to some but you get what you pay for and it sounds like class envy to denigrate a persons choice based on price.

To each his own.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:10:42 PM by Porkie »
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Skutorr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 05:28:26 AM »
I have owned several Burgman 650's.  A '13 being my latest.  They really are a beautiful machine.  The major thing I didn't like about them was seat and rear suspension.  Anything over 50 +/- miles and my ass was squirming all over.  And, if you happened to hit any type of bump, the recoil shoots right up your spine. (Ed. TOO TRUE!!!)

...I had my Burgman 650 and a People 200s at the same time.  I found that I enjoyed riding the People more than I did the Burgman.  My solution was that I off'd both of them when I found the GT300i.  As stated earlier, it exceeds any posted speed limit at half the price and is still a blast to ride.  The Burgman was fun..the GT300i is ALOT of fun.

My brother did the same. He went from a new Aprilia (!!!) Sports City 250 scooter, to a used Majesty 400, to a new 2009 Burgman 650. He LOVED it, put on a better windscreen and upgraded to full Sintered brake pads to haul all that LARD down, but he is 5'6' and 160# and dropped that 600+ pounds three times. He then added a new SYM CityCom 300, put on Pirelli Diablos and WOW, what a great little Bike! With an added windscreen he rode it everywhere and relegated the Big Burger to mostly the occasional Highway Touring thing.

Now he had one for each projected use...and a FULL garage. Then he test road a used Tmax 500. Game OVER. Found a great deal on a low-mileage Tmax in LA and bought it, and sold BOTH the Big Burger and the CityCom 300. I road his Tmax; BIG MISTAKE. I bought a NEW 2009 Tmax for $2,000 off list, sold my Majesty and never have looked back.

(Oh, he DID get rid of the Tmax500...replaced it with a 2012 Tmax 530!!!!)

Skutorr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »
I have been considering a new 700 Kymco but I had a question:  What prices have you seen for the scoot? Nobody pays retail that I know of and I never will. I am interested in sales prices in the United States only and the Dealers names and locations.

I love my new 500 but I bet I would like the 700 even more:)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Remember, the 700 is an ANCIENT bike. It was rolled-out at a Bike Show almost 10 years ago, as a less expensive Taiwanese Burgman. It took FOREVER to see actual production, and was introduced early on in Hungary and the Czech Republic. FINALLY it began to show up in dribs and dabs in other countries, but by then the entire maxi-Scooter World had passed it by.

Even the Cheap-Ass BMW scoots with their all-Chinese parts (EXCEPT for the Italian front struts...), designed as bigger-motor knock offs of old MK2 Tmaxes, but without the Wet Clutches, are light-years ahead of the MyRoad 700, and they were basically stillborn.

(Resale prices on those C-series are starting to drop like a bad elevator over in Europe, as the first factory Warrantees start to expire in December. And here's the BEST part; some things CAN'T be repaired on them, as there are NO PARTS AVAILABLE to anyone, even BMW Europe. They just get boxes of RTA Chinese Scooters to assemble in Germany ("BUILT IN GERMANY!!!"). If the just recalled timing chain tensioner fails and bends valves or holes a piston it CAN'T BE FIXED. No head gaskets/valves/pistons or even ENGINES are available. Under warrantee now they give you A NEW BIKE. And junk the old one. Got a leaking front Brake Caliper? No repair kits are made, and no replacement calipers are available. They have to pull one off of another bike on the showroom floor, if available...)

So, the MyToad was obsolete the DAY it hit the showroom floor. The HOT Maxi Segment is the 400cc, EU A2 license compliant Sport Scooters...NONE of which are imported here.

Bigger than 400cc??The Big Burger 650 is what it is and will stay that way, the Aprilia SRV 850 is a completely impractical friggin Hot Rod that we'll NEVER see, the Silverwing 600 will be discontinued any day now, the MyToad 700 is being GIVEN away to unload it, the Tmax 530 is brilliant but unavailable (to MOST), the C-series BMWs are already becoming Special Order only at the Dealers here and in Europe...NONE stocked in the UK any more.

What's the FUTURE? Hope that when Honda sh**cans the Silverwing they bring over the Integra 750 DCT Scooter. 750cc, almost 60hp and 75 miles per gallon. YOU READ RIGHT...75 MPG!! With a TRUE 6-speed automatic transmission.

One can only hope...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()