Author Topic: No power  (Read 4421 times)

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
No power
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »
Hi I'm pretty new to this site but I've had my kymco uxv 500i for over a year now and haven't had any trouble until now.Our kymco dealership  shut down here not to long ago which means no more mechanic for these things in my area so I'm playing the mechanic part for now.  Now as I Said before it was running great now it seems like it maxes out at 31 kph  where before it would run 55 60 at a max. I'm wondering if it could be the fuel filter (which I can't find on it) or throttle cable but it seems like I should be getting more speed since I can get it to 5000 rpm.  Any help wOuld be definitely appreciated

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: No power
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:12:05 AM »
Most likely the belt, and rollers are worn. Order a belt, and set of rollers for it, and you will have to remove the left side case cover to swap the parts. An Impact driver makes short work of it.(electric cheapo is fine).

These are the wear parts in your machine. It is heavy, and fill it w/ 4-500 lbs of rednecks... You get the idea.

Keep posting up if you need help finding the parts... We are always happy to help here. (usually)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Perfect thanks I'll give er a go

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »
Perfect thanks I'll give er a go

Your welcome.

By the way there is no external fuel filter on the machine. It is a screen located on the top of the fuel petcock inside the tank.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
Ok so I took it in belts clutches are good, I heard that it could have put itself in a dealer mode or the resistor may be hooped, but then kymco said there is no dealer mode and now were back to square one with no help. PLEASE HELP

Macman

• View Profile
No power
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:06 AM »
Is the check engine light on?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
From here start w/ the basics... Compression test (120 psi minimum), valve adjustment, air, and fuel filters, new spark plug.

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 12:55:55 AM »
Sorry for not posting in a while was pretty grumpy with it lol no there's no engine light on compression tests were fine i remember i had pulled a small set of narrows with it and it sounded pretty rough going through deep patches of dirt, almost sounded like a small diesel engine when i would go through the deeper stuff,  i dunno if that had anything to dowith it. I know I'm going the plugs like it's going out of style too, and my battery sseems a little weak.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 02:56:00 AM »
There may not be an in line fuel filter. The screen in the tank above the petcock may be the only filter you have.
Add a new in line, get a new air filter, and sparkplug.

See how these get you.

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »
So I got er started finally this winter and am putting on a new drive belt and now the engine lights flashing and it died ideas?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 12:49:59 AM »
When you said it sounded like a diesel, that makes me think Pre-detonation, and fouling plugs are from oil or fuel. Either one in excess...

I'd pull the head, and use carb clean to check for leaking valves.

Pour the cleaner into one port at a time, and look for it to seep out around the valves.

Could be a scored cylinder too. The compression test should show that.

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
It only sounded like diesel when it was pulling something heavy and losing power, when I drive it around it sounds fine

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:09:39 AM »
The damage is done in seconds. PreDet is a death rattle.

It is the exact same thing as hitting everything inside the engine with a hand sledge.

solberglandandcattle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
Ok quick question what kind of oil should go into a 500i, and generally how much should the tank hold, I dumped the old oil out and it seemed like there was a ton of oil in it

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
Just to the middle of the dip stick. These bikes take right around a quart.

Did you check the dip stick before draining it?

Did it smell like Gasoline?

How much was in it?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()