Author Topic: 2013 Kymco Super 8 2t Tuning Upgrade Help  (Read 15186 times)

Ian7

• View Profile
SPI ??? Re: 2013 Kymco Super 8 2t Tuning Upgrade Help
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »
anyone else having trouble getting SPI on the phone?

I'm attempting to be a first-time-customer with them, on the basis of this forum recommendation, but this many unanswered calls and no call backs has me thinking of shopping elsewhere....

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: 2013 Kymco Super 8 2t Tuning Upgrade Help
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »
Yeah, I just ordered online. And it turned out to be a pretty big hassle, got my parts eventually but it took an eMail saying I was going to get my bank to charge-back if the parts weren't sent. They said in stock on the site, ended up being special order from Italy. After two weeks of not seeing my stuff I emailed, got nothing, emailed again slightly bitchy, got a response saying half the parts were coming from Italy (not a problem waiting, just don't like getting dicked around). Three weeks later and a coupe very unpleasant emails, my parts were marked as shipped and arrived a week or whatever later. I suggest checking out scooter attack, they are in Germany. But last time I ordered my stuff it came IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!! From Germany!!!!!! They know how to actually ship items same day, and they have parts that hardly anyone has in the US. Slightly spendy, but they have some killer parts.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 11:02:18 PM »
A few people have had problems getting an order thru SPI. I wish it weren't so but it is.
I (on the other hand) have never had a problem there.

I was looking for another Stage 6 dealer a few weeks ago, and Scooter Attack was the site I found. Never heard of them before but they actually did have the parts in stock.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Ebayguy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 06:47:52 AM »
Hey guys. I have a 2013 Kymco Super 8 50/2T and it has had the stock exhaust fix and I just installed a 70cc big bore kit. The bike didn't run when I got it. I bought another engine off eBay for it. It's from a 2012, so it's a KF10AA. I installed the big bore kit on the 2012 KF10AA engine, and will be replacing the stock engine. I have a #90 main jet coming for it.
I was told that I need a performance exhaust for it, or it will run hot and damage the engine. The bike has been sitting since last summer. I know the carburetor has to be cleaned thoroughly, and the new main jet installed.

My question is, "Will the stock exhaust work, or do I NEED a performance exhaust?"

Thanks in advance. There is a good possibility that I might be selling this bike when finished.

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »
I cant really answer the heat question but I cant see increasing air intake significantly without increasing air out take significantly also on a 2 stroke motor.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

freemo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »
Guys,

Have you got any instructions on how or what to do with the leftover air valve that connects to the stock exhaust as I am replacing with a LeoVince TT exhaust?

Cheers.
2017 Kymco Super 8 50cc 2T

agoncalvesjr89

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
Guys,

Have you got any instructions on how or what to do with the leftover air valve that connects to the stock exhaust as I am replacing with a LeoVince TT exhaust?

Cheers.

Pull the old air Tube that leads up under your seat OUT and save it . Its good for nothing now that you upgrade the exhaust.
2013 SUPER8 2T 50
70cc MALOSSI KIT
STOCK CARB MAIN JET AT 98 , STOCK AIR BOX SNORKEL REMOVED.
NARAKU VARIATOR 6 GRAMS SLIDER / ROLLER COMB.
TECNIGAS NEXT R EXHAUST
SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN STOCK GATES DRIVE BELT.
TOP SPEED 50ISH , TONS OF POWER. 45MPH CRUISING

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()