Author Topic: Seat modification  (Read 3110 times)

OGBillyT63

• View Profile
Seat modification
« on: May 21, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
The seat on my 06 Bet and Win 250 leaves a lot to be desired on a long ride in my opinion :(.  Even though I'm only 5,5 ft tall with 29 inseam I find that I feel like I'm being forced forward and up at the same time.  It seems that if I could reduce that hump that is in the seat it would improve the riding comfort level.  Anyone have the same experience?  Has anyone tried to modify or change the seat to help out this situation?
Thanks all,
OGBillyT63

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Seat modification
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
Hi OG. I for sure ran into the same issue, I'm 6' 1" and it was terrible to ride I ended up riding ON the hump most of the time. I did chop out the hump, not all that easy to do. But I ended up using some PVC sheeting we had at work and heated it to shape then used silicone calking to glue it in place. The foam also has to be modified because it has a corresponding "hump". Not very easy to do and it took me a few hours.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »
I would add that I need to make a version 2.0 and add a little more foam in the center, I'm thinking about buying a sheet of thin 1" memory foam and adding that.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

OGBillyT63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:31 AM »
I decided to reduce the hump by using a heat gun on the underlying plastic seat structure.   After heating to soften the hard plastic I cut some of the round flange I assume is for the helmet storage area by the hump and then kept heating the hump area until soft again and again then pushing from the top side to create a flatter  area were the hump was.  The soft foam  and the seat cover are still the same,  but the hard hump is all but gone.  I've taken the scoot for a ride after the modify and it made a world of difference.   I'm going to ride the scoot for awhile before I decide whether or not to modify the foam part as it is soft and doesn't bother me yet.     :)

Basidetel

• Basidetel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 11:39:58 AM »
It's great the way I have never seen.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()