Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143129 times)

tvniklas

• Passed the golden age 40...
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »
Hello everyone!
Yoday i have changed back to orginal rollers from DrP 15g.
I have driven 800km with them now and wanted to try the orginal again to compare the difference in rpm & acc .
As i remembered so were the orginals quite nice with low rpm and good acc but with the shaky starts.
I also checked the oil, looked good, but forgot to screw it back, more to that later..

After driven 50km in different traffic i must say i already miss the DrPulley, they really are so much nicer with quicker acc, the same rpm much better acc and much less stuttering on start. So they will be back asap.

So back to the unscrewed oilstick.
I tock the bike to work 5 in the morning and it was no wind, 15 celcius, perfect for speeding. After 15km in 120km/h i saw lots of smoke in the rear mirror and thought to myself: whats wrong with that car behind me, drove a couple of km more and i still saw the smoke but no car behind me, hmm
I got to stop and see if it is from.
Stoped and put it on center stand saw nothing from the cvt and got around the bike and saw that the breaks, wheel , exhaust and engine was full of oil, panic!
Luckily the oilstick was there against the exhaust but the oilhole was fully seen, and it was only 100m to the gasstation.
Wiped away the worst oil and checked the oil, 20% left, so fast to work.
After work removed exhaust and cleaned with degreeser and high pressure water.
And filled up with oil.
The rear break i of course in no good condition with all that oil on the breakpads. But that i will fix when returning from vacation in Bella Italia with lots of pasta and redvine 😎!

I am really happy even though i was so clumsy 😯 With all that oil on the rear tire in 120km/h it could end a compleatly different way! 🤕

Be safe friends and have a great weekend
Kymco Downtown 300i ABS -2013
ODO: 9950km
Dr Pulley 15g / Orginal rollers  (change all the time)
Gas average 0,29L/10km
--------------------------------
Kymco Like 125  -2016  -Sold
Kymco Agility 50 -2015 -Sold
I have 14g ,15g and 15,5 Pulley´s to sell

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2017, 01:52:54 AM »
Hi All,

Installed my LED Aux lights yesterday onto the bike. Mounted them using the windscreen's M8 mounting screws - refer to pictures.

Will take it to the shop to have the wiring done professionally next weekend.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 18, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
Looks awesome, kneeslider!! I wish we were neighbors, so we could do mine too. Love the color also

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:35 AM »
Hi Rich,

Thanks. But I believe I am on the other side of the globe.

Got the wiring done professionally over the weekend, complete with a Hansa elec relay, fuse, backlit waterproof switch which is wired to the ignition.

Used them on the way to work, which was about a 40min ride, The aux lights weren't even hot. As it was during the day, I can't tell how bright they are yet, but going thru tunnels, I dare say they are 2 times brighter than my existing low beams which I have already upgraded to LEDs.

Will post up pics soon.

Looks awesome, kneeslider!! I wish we were neighbors, so we could do mine too. Love the color also

Rich

2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »
I believe you are correct, about being across the globe. It was just wishful thinking.Maybe some day, brother,some day.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2017, 01:50:24 AM »
Managed to get some shots in but I didn't go out. But anyways, here are the pics with and without the LED AUX lights, plus a pic of my led backlit waterproof switch.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »
Wow!!! What a difference. Looks really nice. Ride safe..

Rich

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 21, 2017, 06:04:13 AM »
Hi All,

Managed to get some road pics at night for the comparison.

First pic is just my low beams from the projectors using Nighteye H11 LEDs. Notice the spread is somewhat inconsistent as the diodes are located at 180degrees of each other.

Second pic is the low beams with the new aux 3w x 6 (3.5inch round) flood lights.

Third pic is with everything on. My high beams ares till the factory fitted halogens.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

bpt323

• View Profile
    • clubprotege
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2017, 06:07:55 AM »
Started installing HID's for HI's/Lo's  while i was investigating the best route/methodology i noticed the front turn signals within the headlight housing themselves were not actually wired up.  the power wire was shunted at the ground joint - has anyone else noticed this? i'm a little bit less than impressed with OEM's choice for doing so.

pictures to come ***

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
I am located in Malaysia, the Downtowns here do not have the front signals at the front of the side mirrors, ours are those in the main headlight housing next to the high beams as your described.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
about the turn lights it is the law in USA & Canada , they have to be far apart so many inches or MM.

I just used up the winter gas in the scooter, still running rough, hope the next tank will clear that up,.  got it all apart for the check up , should be on the road tomorrow,.  wish I could afford a helper Mec. At 84 the job is not to bad it is getting up to get tools all the time ,  it is getting harder to tie my laces on my boots,. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »
about the turn lights it is the law in USA & Canada , they have to be far apart so many inches or MM.

I just used up the winter gas in the scooter, still running rough, hope the next tank will clear that up,.  got it all apart for the check up , should be on the road tomorrow,.  wish I could afford a helper Mec. At 84 the job is not to bad it is getting up to get tools all the time ,  it is getting harder to tie my laces on my boots,. 
What are your symptoms, dedee?
You heve ethanol in the fuel up there, don't you?
If so , can't be water in the gas...they tell me the ethanol gets the water out, just like a bottle of dry gas used to.
Valves checked? New spark plug? Tight plug lead?
Hard to start? Good idle?
Would much rather talk about fixing a scoot - than arguing oil types
and fuel grades!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »
de dee, sorry to hear, that it's getting hard for you, to do some of the maintenance on the scooter. If I lived closer to you, I would be glad to help. I bet that I would learn a lot. It's awesome,that you still ride and do all your maintenance. You have helped me out,on a few occasions too. Thanks I appreciate your posts.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 29, 2017, 02:40:21 AM »
and tire pressures.

What are your symptoms, dedee?
You heve ethanol in the fuel up there, don't you?
If so , can't be water in the gas...they tell me the ethanol gets the water out, just like a bottle of dry gas used to.
Valves checked? New spark plug? Tight plug lead?
Hard to start? Good idle?
Would much rather talk about fixing a scoot - than arguing oil types
and fuel grades!
Stig
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 29, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
De Dee wish I could suggest a good pair of lace-less boots, but then you may have to deal with zippers, or velcro. I've been having some problems with starting my DT, but I think it may be a vapor lock problem. I generally just push the Start button and then give it some gas while holding in the brakes. It's enough to get it going.

Just got my bike back form its annual tune-up yesterday so I'll in observation mode to see if the problem continues. After a tune-up I'm always itching for a road trip.

- Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()