Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 142893 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #525 on: February 13, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »
Thanks, De Dee,

It may be a case of your computer needing more RAM. Depending on its age and make you may be able to upgrade it for better performance. You can contact a local computer repair store to see if they can help.

I'm glad you liked it. I'll post a link to share with the forum. Thanks again.

- Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 13, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
It may be a case of your computer needing more RAM. Depending on its age and make you may be able to upgrade it for better performance. You can contact a local computer repair store to see if they can help.

Crucial.com have a handy scanner that you can use and it will tell you what memory you have and what upgrades are recommended.

The prices seem to be ok (in the UK at least) and delivery is quick.

http://www.crucial.com/

(no connection, other than being a happy customer)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2017, 06:32:11 PM »
my laptop and desk computer are fine it is the one in my head that is lacking,.   

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 15, 2017, 09:32:13 PM »
My new Puig screen came today - I'm must say impressed. I know it's only a few bolts but I can't be ersed changing it right now, so I'll do it on Friday - and as it's going to be a nice day I'll take a few scenic pics with the DT for your enjoyment.

tvniklas

• Passed the golden age 40...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »
today I have been and inspected the scooter by the Authority. The first time you have to do it after 4 years then every other. It went through with one remark, the light was too low. no need for re-survey. So now the minus degrees disappear as the season begins. 😄
Kymco Downtown 300i ABS -2013
ODO: 9950km
Dr Pulley 15g / Orginal rollers  (change all the time)
Gas average 0,29L/10km
--------------------------------
Kymco Like 125  -2016  -Sold
Kymco Agility 50 -2015 -Sold
I have 14g ,15g and 15,5 Pulley´s to sell

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
today I have been and inspected the scooter by the Authority. The first time you have to do it after 4 years then every other. It went through with one remark, the light was too low. no need for re-survey. So now the minus degrees disappear as the season begins. 😄

My vehicle inspection is due next month. I'll combine it with a service too. Here in the UK, there's not test for the first 3 years and then every year after that, although they are talking about extending it to 4 years from new, to 'align with Europe' or something  :D Only our army of pen pushing civil servants could decide to align with Europe just when we've decided to leave. <head in hands>

No freezing temperatures here in the Costa Del Scotland. 12 degrees and sunny for the next few days. woo-hoo!

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2017, 02:21:31 AM »
The Puig screen is significantly shorter?

Please do provide a review, I too am considering replacing my original screen as it's turned yellow from being expossed to UVA & UVB, plus some how it's been developing micro cracks.

Thanks.

My new Puig screen came today - I'm must say impressed. I know it's only a few bolts but I can't be ersed changing it right now, so I'll do it on Friday - and as it's going to be a nice day I'll take a few scenic pics with the DT for your enjoyment.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

tvniklas

• Passed the golden age 40...
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »
My vehicle inspection is due next month. I'll combine it with a service too. Here in the UK, there's not test for the first 3 years and then every year after that, although they are talking about extending it to 4 years from new, to 'align with Europe' or something  :D Only our army of pen pushing civil servants could decide to align with Europe just when we've decided to leave. <head in hands>

No freezing temperatures here in the Costa Del Scotland. 12 degrees and sunny for the next few days. woo-hoo!

12 Degrees, almost summer :-)
How much do they charge you? Here in Sweden it cost 37 GBP, and it takes 15 minutes ....
Kymco Downtown 300i ABS -2013
ODO: 9950km
Dr Pulley 15g / Orginal rollers  (change all the time)
Gas average 0,29L/10km
--------------------------------
Kymco Like 125  -2016  -Sold
Kymco Agility 50 -2015 -Sold
I have 14g ,15g and 15,5 Pulley´s to sell

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »
12 Degrees, almost summer :-)
How much do they charge you? Here in Sweden it cost 37 GBP, and it takes 15 minutes ....

£29.65....and it takes about 15 minutes too. Easy money for them I guess.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
The Puig screen is significantly shorter?

Please do provide a review, I too am considering replacing my original screen as it's turned yellow from being expossed to UVA & UVB, plus some how it's been developing micro cracks.

Thanks.

No problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282337482963?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Value for money: At £87, it was a bargain. At the price it is back up to on Fleabay (£143) it's reasonable value.

Quality Decent quality - on a par with the GIVI.

Fitting I did have to find a longer bolt for the bottom mount, but overall all it fitted easily

Style I actually quite like the smoke effect. It's not too dark and it sets off well against the white paintwork. It's taller and more upright but narrower and it changes the whole mood of the bike from quite aggressive (for a scooter!) to quite laid back.

Function - 1 Right, it's better than the GIVI overall (for me) as the screen sits about 2" higher....but.... I'm 5'10 and if I sit up properly I can see over and if I slouch I have to look through it. That's ok, but sometimes the top lip of the screen is bouncing up and down in front of your eyes. I found it a bit off putting on the short trip I have taken, but I can either A: get used to it or B: Sit up properly. What it does do is make you look past the top of the screen to the road much further ahead. Which, if you watch the likes of MotoGP, is what the best riders in the world do.

Function - 2 It's much, much quieter than the GIVI. It reminds me of a faired BMW R80 I rode many years ago. Just a bubble of relative silence - apart from the motor droning away of course. Visor up scooting around is no problem.

Before - the GIVI

After - Puig

(yes, I have now taken the warning sticker of the front  :))

Let me know if there is anything esle

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »
Added a utility rack and saddle bags. They can be released and removed in about 15 seconds for two up riding or being able to get to the under seat storage. May not have done much to enhance the appearance of the DT300i, but  it adds greatly to the functionlity

Mac

Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 17, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
Functionality is the new cool. OTW.

Being a nice day today, all the part time eedjits were out on their garish coloured race replicas and leather romper suits today. Heads down, bottoms up & a lot weight on the wrists. The tiny screens on these things divert the breeze into the chest, lifting some of the weight off, but that only really works at speed....and plod ain't buying that as an excuse when he's writing your speeding ticket.

Been there...done that...got the t-shirt etc. Luckily sanity took over before I killed myself.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 17, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
Glad you grew up before you killed yourself. For a lot of those crazy people, the first thing they knew
was the last thing they knew, just like the bug on the windshield. Spat!!!

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2017, 07:01:10 PM »
I gave it a good post run wash and brush up then went round it with a white stonechip touch up pen (they tend to resurface roads here by applying another layer of tar topped of with a layer of chips, so 2 minutes with the pen improves the look a lot)

Some may recall that I asked on here some months ago why my DT was so difficult to push out of the shed. Guess what? After washing it, it's much easier to push.... There was a fair bit of post wash crud on the road afterwards - particularly around the read wheel area. Maybe I should wash it more often <ahem>  :)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 02, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »
This happened a few weeks ago, but took forever to get off my crappy trac-phone.
Boom-- 10 K miles!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()