Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143161 times)

nushipwright

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »
I'm glad you like the idea! I guess it can be used on most other scoots as well.
Without this, changing the gear oil is a bit of a pain.
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2015, 02:38:20 AM »
Throttle cable snapped yesterday, workshop pick up the bike, ordered the part and doing the replacement cable tomorrow. Hopefully will get her back then.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2015, 05:02:33 AM »
   last week I passed the canadian over 80 drivers test  today I hit 82,  this morning cleaned up 6 inches of snow ,  this afternoon I went for a ride  4 above C.  so I was good for 40 miles, before I got cold,  than home for supper and birthday cake,, ride safe

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »
Got her back from the workshop with a new throttle cable.

Have her a wash and two coats of Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid wax sealant.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »

Went for a little ride today its 14 C. today,  to Masenna NY.  to pick up some parts, found out it is not in yet, so back to canada rode to Ottawa then to east end of Ontario, and back home total KM.  357.9  KM. filled up took 12.33 Liters, only .17 liters left, cutting it close,thats 6 KM. to empty, 

TheSecretary

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »
Last Friday I took myself for a night ride as I have to cut back for now on riding because of allergies.  >:(

All my life...no damn allergies, and this year I have them so bad, I'm coughing and tearing up so bad, I can't see.

Arizona sun has been ok for riding, but the dirt, pollen infested, and other crud in the gusty winds, have me wishing the allergy medicine I was given, would actually work.

Blah.

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2015, 11:59:46 PM »
  went for a little ride today it is over the freezing mark again,  10 above C.   370.1 km.  fill up 12.28 liters.   .22 liters left ,  good for 6 km.    now if I can keep my WOT. under control,  and the speed at the speed limit,  I will try for 400 KM. in one tank of gas,  this tank is mostly at speed limit. 50 and 60 mph.  with some at 80 mph.  going with the flow of cars,  it was a nice day , is it spring yet???

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
 it got up to 14 C. again ,  so I headed out to the sea way, the St. laurence sea way did 355.6 KM.   filled up with 11.62 liters   . 88 liters left good for 21 KM.   getting better mileage since I modded the variator, picked up a gas can , so I can see how many KM. I can do on a tank of gas, with out worrying about ending up in the boonys with out a paddle, so to speak,.  happy trails every one ride safe,.

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:25 AM »

I installed rear tire 150/70  13    city grip, first one,  left the power pure on the front,  as city grip is not available for the front 120/ 80  14    checked the belt and the sliders, all good to go now,. will try for gas milage record 400 km. on one tank of gas,.  got a spare tank of gas on board,.   now all I need is the rain clouds to move to Maine, here they come blusin,. 

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
  I installed rear tire 150/70  13    city grip, first one,  left the power pure on the front,  as city grip is not available for the front 120/ 80  14    checked the belt and the sliders, all good to go now,. will try for gas milage record 400 km. on one tank of gas,.  got a spare tank of gas on board,.   now all I need is the rain clouds to move to Maine, here they come blusin,.

Thanks, De dee, we need to wash all that nasty Calcium Chloride ( vehicle rotting chemicals ) off the roads , so my DT will last a LONG time !!   ;)  ;)

I AM going for a quick errands ride ,after lunch,as the Thunderstorms/downpours started that process yesterday .

I will thoroughly enjoy that.

Am liking my flower bulbs blooming,downed(Winter Storm Damage) trees removed(even with a splinter the size of a pencil lead lodged in my palm , from said tree removal)and green grass beginning to show !! Much better than that White Stuff ( I thought would NEVER go away ) !

Have great,safe rides and may the roads guide you to the Horizons !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2015, 01:41:31 AM »

my 300i downtown was riding hard, so I removed the shocks and drained the oil ,found out it was 25 ml. short of oil, in each shock,  put in # 10 shock oil, 190 ml., in each shock, the ride improved 200 %, it was a good day!  proper fill up is 185 ml.,by the book,

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2015, 06:29:40 AM »
it got up to 14 C. again ,  so I headed out to the sea way, the St. laurence sea way did 355.6 KM.   filled up with 11.62 liters   . 88 liters left good for 21 KM.   getting better mileage since I modded the variator, picked up a gas can , so I can see how many KM. I can do on a tank of gas, with out worrying about ending up in the boonys with out a paddle, so to speak,.  happy trails every one ride safe,.

I found out last weekend what is my range so to speak. Not like I wanted to though. Wasn't planned unfortunately. I had the yellow light flashing for some time and I miscalculated/estimated my remaining range. I thought I had 15miles left, where in fact I only had 5. So instead of reaching the next 24/7 gas station on my way to work early morning, I got stuck in the middle of the city with the nearest open gas station about 3 miles away... Luckily a friend of mine came to the rescue and brought me some fuel.

I  rode 230 miles or 370km on one tank.

Is there a small fuel canister made specially for bikes/scoots? I'd hate this to happen again, but I don't want to carry 5 liters of fuel with me everywhere I go. Or is it safe to have spare fuel stored in a 0.5l soda PET bottle?!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:32:24 AM by nushipwright »
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2015, 06:48:28 AM »

dont use anything but fuel registered cans, pop bottles fall apart from the fuel,  Happy trails de dee

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:17 AM »
hello nushipwright, I have often thought about getting something like this

http://www.outdoorcampingdirect.uk/1-litre-aluminium-drinks-bottle-cw038.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgoKqBRDt_IfLr8y1iMUBEiQA8Ua7XfGpKSi-0jT2xSirQSefxYlVhK11MuMAExZQMAoAqc4aAiPR8P8HAQ

you might have to look into the seal though, just to make sure it would not corrode, silicone, rubber??
anyhow, I hope this helps.
just as an aside, how far would one litre of fuel get you?
Cheers,
Don.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:02:15 AM by donjack »
Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
Those Al bottles look great Don! The seal is the question. Will it hold up long term?

1 liter of fuel would get me somewhere around 17 miles / 27 kilometres (27.7km according to my Fuelly stats).
So half a liter would get me to the nearest station in the city.

I asked the PET bottle because I'm not sure if it's electrostatic safe. Plastic fuel containers must be made from ESD safe material, and I have no clue if a regular soda bottle would satisfy that criteria.
I know the bottle, cap and seal work short term, but fuel may degrade the cap seal after an extended period of time.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:52:22 AM by nushipwright »
. mostly 2up city

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()