Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143131 times)

donjack

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 04:47:57 AM »
Installed a lithium ion battery and ordered a Dunlop scootsmart tyre for the rear.
Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:05 AM »
What type of improvement should i expect with a lithium vs a lead acid battery? And in case of battery discharged completely could I recharge with my conventional  trickle charger  ? And what about it"s lifespan

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
What type of improvement should i expect with a lithium vs a lead acid battery? And in case of battery discharged completely could I recharge with my conventional  trickle charger  ? And what about it"s lifespan
   you need a lithium charger,  because it charges the battery then balances the cells after,  about once a month give it a charge to balance the cells, it should last 5 or 6 years , with high power,.   what is bad for them is slow discharge, like a light in your seat ( met in ) box,.

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »
i washed it and gave a coat of Meg's NXT 2.0 wax.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2014, 06:58:19 PM »
Managed to lay her down so to speak..... with a little help from above....
I commute to to work on my scooter and I park it in the parking lot in front of the building. I'm a bit overprotective and always put on the cover to protect the plastic parts from the Sun's UV rays and also to protect the machine from the rain.

So my over-protectiveness "paid off" today (being sarcastic here) because we had very strong wind/hail-storm/blizzard today here in England, 50-60mph with 80mph gusts. It seems one of these gusts caught the bike (thanks to /my stupidity/ the bike cover it had a huge surface area to grab onto) by the right side and tipped the scoot over. It was on center stand. Left side paint and plastic chewed up "nicely" at some places, worst part is the pillion foot holder area, but nothing broken. Left mirror and break lever intact as I had the steering locked which kept vital things from touching the ground.
Only thing broken is part of the top case, a small plastic part on the inside near the latch. Don't know if it's replaceable or repairable?! I'll see tomorrow.

Lesson learnt: if you can't put the scoot in a garage or other shelter, just leave the scoot without the cover when such storm is coming.....
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »
Screwed everything back together, no screws or bolts left over!! And I now have a shiny new rear tyre just waiting to be broken in, the weather here is abysmal!!
Norbert, hope you get your dt sorted.
Cheers,
Don.

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2014, 12:26:39 AM »
Put a new battery in her
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »
  Picked up my handle bar mitts, today, installed them and put my summer gloves on,.  ( mesh) as my winter work gloves are very bulky,.  it is freezing here today ,. and I was still comfortable with the mesh gloves in the handle bar mitts,. rode about 50 miles at 70 mph. 

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2014, 05:33:18 AM »
  just finished installing lights on a E 460 top box,  running lights 32 inches ,.  brake lights 30 inches , and two turn signal lights each 12 inches long, LED light strips,. hardest thing was attaching the wires to the plastic LED strip

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
  today I rewired the scooter from Admore electronics on a E 55 givi top box, to a de dee electronic for a E 460 top box, I have running lights,brake , and turn lights ,  nice and bright  and full width of the box,.  I have copied you Mr. Stig  thank you for the inspiration.!!!

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »
installed LED's in the rear, brake lights and indicators, what a difference!! I shall do the front indicators tomorrow night, a little worried in case I need resistors once I have installed all the LED's!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »
Get an electronic flasher relay from Ebay. see if you have a 2 or 3 wire existing relay, and just swap it out. They are under 10 bucks shipped.

the resistors negate the use of led's
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:50 PM »
cheers zombie, i'll check it out.

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »
just fitted the rest of the LED indicators with a new relay and everything is working perfectly!! got the relay, a naraku custom/ LED electronic, from "racing-planet uk" for a total of £6.52 inc p+p
thanks the heads up zombie!
cheers,
Don.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »
 ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()