Author Topic: new member and new owner of a venox 250  (Read 8063 times)

oldspower24

• View Profile
new member and new owner of a venox 250
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:33 AM »
just bought a 2003 venox 250 with 2,295 miles on it. It has been sitting up for a few years at a friend of mines shop so I decided to buy it. I got it to run but only when the choke is pulled out but I am getting the carbs checked out in the next few days. But my concern is that it is missing a few plastic panels they are the plastic piece that goes from the end of the gas tank to the rear fender. they cover the electrical components. is there a place that I can buy these panels. Also the front right foot peg and the key cylinder with key and matching gas cap. the key was lost in the shop move. I am excited to have another bike in my life its been a few years. I hope to get many fun rides out of it. Thank u all in advance for any help and info.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: new member and new owner of a venox 250
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:01 AM »
Go to Ebay for a lock set. They are dirt cheap.
Get the plastics / OEM parts at Stadium Yamaha. 15% off for forum members
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
Thank u for the help. I looked on eBay for a lock set and seen the for other kymco models but not the venox 250. And as for the side fairings I couldn't find them on stadium Yamaha website. Does anyone have the part #s for the fairings and lock set

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »
Hey there Oldspower.
No worries, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of the parts manual. Kymco parts monster seems to have just about everything for the Venox.
Regards, Hairy Bob.
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:53:42 AM »
oldspower24@gmail.com is my email address. I was also wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on carb removal and the proper way to clean after years of setting with old gas

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
hey there buddy i posted carb clean and removal a while back try to see if you can find it.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6352.msg65425#msg65425
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:00:01 PM by max oradea »

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:01:22 AM »
Would like to say thank u to everyone who helped me out with my problems. Got the carbs off and cleaned she purrs like a cat. Thanx again

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »
Holy smoke Oldspower, you didn't waste any time getting that sorted out. Well done Amigo. And you have to admit, ol Max knows his stuff hey. Good on ya Max ! Anyway, glad you've got her running right. I'm pretty confident you'll be able to get all covers and bits and pieces from that web site, so happy days !!
Take care and ride safe.
Regards, Hairy Bob.   
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
very impressed with the time you sorted out the bike! as Bob says the parts are still being produced and bikes are still rolling of the production line so you should get them without a big problem. the new venox as i know are 260cc. but really still looking the same!
Good luck on the bike and remember to pull the plugs off for a check for the jettings and very important put grease on the threads of those plugs because this is really a reliable engine, so you will not remember the last time you pulled the plugs off when it has fused in the cylinder head.

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »
Now my throttle is sticking. Idk if I put the carbs on misaligned or something. It was working fine until yesterday. Any ideas

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »
Remove the carb end, and make sure the cable is OK. They fray inside if they get damaged/rusted.
Maybe you forgot the return spring.? I've had them break, and stick at WOT. Just shut off the key... No biggie
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:08 PM »
The cables are good. But if I push the carbs a certain way the throttle returns fine. Idk what is wrong

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 02:44:14 AM »
It's just being girlish. It wants you to spend more time with it. That's all.

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »
Yea I figured. I guess I'll have to figure it out hopefully soon

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 02:15:35 AM »
Well fellas I got the throttle fixed but the bike won't stay running without the choke once again. Cleaned the carbs again and still same thing. I dont know what's wrong and there aren't any motorcycle places around where I live. I'm lost now. Any help please

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()