Author Topic: Kymco Super 8 50cc 4T '09  (Read 1985 times)

blackzar84

• View Profile
Kymco Super 8 50cc 4T '09
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
Hi everybody, I'm Daniel.
I'm opening this topic cos I bought about a month and a half ago a Super 8 (second hand).
The scooter is making me happy, but it has a few little issues which I'd like to solve myself without having to call a proper mechanic, which would cost me a fortune here in Holland.

Here a short list of problems I'm having:
 1 - The top speed is only 55/60 km/h, and acceleration is not so brilliant either. I'm aware that restrictions, both mechanical and electronical (CDI), are applied, what can I do to get rid of those restrictions? I only know that i can pull a precise cable out of the CDI which will give some more push on the top speed, but that's about as much as i know. What about variator and other stuff???

2 - I checked the oil in the engine about 2 weeks after i bought the scooter, it was almost empty so i filled it up, now after pretty much a month, i checked it again, and the oil seems to be dirtier, the oil tank is still full, but the color is changed, became darker. Is it normal? Does it means I have to drain all the oil out and replace it with a new one? If so, how do i do that?

3 - When i bought the scooter, I placed a new battery so that i could use the electric start again. The thing worked fine until it rained. After the rain, the electric start died, and the scooter didn't start for a whole day. I left it in a garage next to my work place to dry, and the day later it started again with kickstart. But so far, the electric start is dead!!! What are the possible solutions to it?

4 - The Speed/Kilometer teller died all of a sudden, I'm a rookie but I ain't stupid so I read around what could I do about it. Problem is easy to solve, cable works but due to vibrations it got disconnected from its socket. Problem is I can't get off the plastics from the handlebar. I took out all the screws but the most inner ones from the direction indicators, cos i just couldn't reach them. Anybody has precise instruction on how to do it? I already downloaded the manual which to me, it is not so helpful in this case.

5 - The higher lights (the one that would blind you if shot right to your face) are dead, i tried 'em once and they died right away. I think it's just a matter of switching for new bulbs so i won't bother you guys with this. I'm listing it just for the sake of it.

I am aware of how a forum works, and that before posting i should check that my topic isn't already contained or described somewhere else, but it was really to much to read and I didn't had time for it. So please if you know where are the answers I'm looking for, just link them in here so I can go and check them out, or just simply answer to me.
Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Nori

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Super 8 50cc 4T '09
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
well about the 4t poor performance im affected too :p
i used cdi cut wire trick for more rpm but after polini variator with 6.9g rollers installed
now the performance is much better in every way
don't ask for more performance on your 4t it would cost a lot and have problems day by day
 remove the batter on you leg room and check there for burned fuses change them they are 7amp
if it keeps burning them check for a short
also check the gear oil it affects the performance very very much

for speed kilometer check the cable connected on front tyre it might got disconnected otherwise its electrical problem
or the cable isn't connected on the dash

blackzar84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
The speedometer is disconnected at the dash, tried today to fix it but I can't take the front cover apart, there's some screw i can't reach. Then I haven't got time to figure out the starter as I think I have to open front shield. Any suggestions???

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
You said oil tank? If you're bike has an oil tank it's a 2t.....
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

blackzar84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
From the sound of the engine I am pretty sure it's a 4t, anyways, anybody has instructions on how to disassemble the dashboard to fix the speedometer cable????
So far I took off the 6 main screws but it seems like I still can't take it off.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
From the sound of the engine I am pretty sure it's a 4t, anyways, anybody has instructions on how to disassemble the dashboard to fix the speedometer cable????
So far I took off the 6 main screws but it seems like I still can't take it off.
4 screws holding the black to the colored front headset plastic, then two side screws. The rear piece with the gauge attached prys backwards from the top. You have to take your mirrors of. The front colored plastic stays attached to the scoot. Does your bike have an oil bottle under the seat? Or a dipstick by the exhaust?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()