Author Topic: Tubes dangling down at the bottom of the right and left side of scooter.  (Read 1649 times)

DayahS

• View Profile
Hi,

I just bought a Grandvista 250 today and upon unloading the scooter, there's a small bracket fell down and we have no idea if it came from the scooter because we kinda scraped it while unloading. We then saw 2 small black tubes dangling down at the bottom of the scooter, near to the stand, on the right and left side.

Is this normal? Where does the bracket go? We're currently reading through the service manual to see if we can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:26:12 AM by DayahS »

Hueffenhardt

• View Profile
There are a few tubes that are supposed to dangle free. Could you upload pictures? I am not sure what bracket you are talking about.
2008 Kymco Grand Vista 250cc, white
I am new to the motorized two wheel lifestyle (Mar 2014).

DayahS

• View Profile
Here are the pictures:

The first one is the bracket. Not sure if it's from the scooter.

Second picture is the tube from the right side.

Third is the tube from the left.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:04:22 AM by DayahS »

Hueffenhardt

• View Profile
I have those same tubes on my Grand Vista, so that appears to be normal. I don't recognize the bracket, yet, but I'll continue to look. Someone else here might recognize it in the meantime.
2008 Kymco Grand Vista 250cc, white
I am new to the motorized two wheel lifestyle (Mar 2014).

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
I have those same tubes on my Grand Vista, so that appears to be normal. I don't recognize the bracket, yet, but I'll continue to look. Someone else here might recognize it in the meantime.
That 'bracket' is a metal crimp that holds various rubber hoses or wires on a KYMCO...like a bread
twist-tie.
 It is bolted to the the scooter some place, and the hose is run through it, then you gently crimp the hose within the 'bracket'. The hole in the bracket is where it was screwed to the scooter. Exactly where it was bolted - a fellow owner of your scoot will need to tell you.
 It is not a massively important piece of equipment - but you will want to find where it goes and make it do its job again....so the hose stays where it is designed to rest.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

DayahS

• View Profile
Thanks. I need to find out where it goes then. We downloaded the service manual, maybe we will be able to locate it. It kinda makes me unrest thinking that the bracket is somehow important and can affect the running of the scooter.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Thanks. I need to find out where it goes then. We downloaded the service manual, maybe we will be able to locate it. It kinda makes me unrest thinking that the bracket is somehow important and can affect the running of the scooter.
The fatter hose  with a cap on it is to be emptied every so often, of oily water....I think it comes from the air breahter or filter of the scoot. The other looks like a vent hose --- it will drain below the scoot.
 I would not be worried about these....they look like they are where they are meant to be.
Just take the cap off the one and enpty it every few weeks. Mine just has some oily water come out - maybe a tablespoon or two.
No worries. That bracket holds my drain tube in place....so did your's before the screw that held the bracket fell out.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()