Author Topic: is the venox 250 long term a good bike  (Read 1584 times)

robinvenox

• View Profile
is the venox 250 long term a good bike
« on: April 10, 2014, 03:00:51 AM »
I am new to the forum, and about ready to purchase a used 2006 venox 250 with 3887 miles on it.  Pleas let me know if this bike is a good bike and hold up maintenance wise.  Or is it expensive to work on?
Thanks

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: is the venox 250 long term a good bike
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »
welcome! its a keeper! change oil, every other change the oil filter, change the air filter every 2 years, and balance the carbs every season. and you are good to go! just make sure the previous owner did not damage the bike. best to drain the bowls for winter storage, pilot jets are easy to clog if you dont. valve train is pretty solid, adjustments is needed every 10000km i think, check the manual.

robinvenox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:44:26 AM »
thank you for the information.  Unfortunately the person I am purchasing it from purchased it from an auction and it didn't run.  He got it home and drained the old gas, replaced...lifted the seat up and no battery, he purchased a battery and installed it and it started.  it is missing both of the side chrome fairings, some of the reflectors are broke or cracked on the sides.  do you know where to get replacement reflectors.  the horn has some damage, but doesn't look like it was dropped or nothing.  no scratches on foot peg or muffler. 

i appreciate the information.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:18:43 AM »
chrome side fairings and bike parts i think you have to order directly from kymco dealer, and when you get a chance get the bike hooked up to a pressure gauge for engine ring and valve compression check, if its ok then do a vacuum balance. that should be it. top off the battery liquid and charge it to reduce work for the computer and regulator.
have a look on ebay or amazone, the sometimes have bike plastics and parts cheaper then OEM.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:51 AM »
Yep ! Gotta agree with Max, definitely a keeper. Oh, and welcome to the forum. I've had my pony for just over two years now, and she's been a great little machine. I've done a bit over 11000 klms on her, and that's all out on decent runs through them there hills and countryside - no commuting at all. So she's been taking me the same places the big bikes go. Sure, a bit more power would be nice sometimes, but all in all she's a tough little nugget for a 250 and will happily sit on our legal speed limit of 100kph - 110kph in some parts so that's all I really need anyway. 
You should be able to get all your parts from kymco parts monster.com. I've been more than happy with them. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and their service was great. The only killer for me was the cost of freight from the U.S. to OZ, holy sh** !
As Max said, regular oil changes (use a good quality synthetic or semi synthetic oil ) with oil filter every second change and a new air filter every couple of years. In fact it might be an idea to do the lot when you first get it, that way at lest you know it has been done and your right for the next 6000klms or so. I've got the parts manual, so if you need a copy, send me your email address via the forum, and I'll send it to you if that's any help.

Anyway, happy cruising and ride safe
Regards, Hairy Bob.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:43:23 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

robinvenox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »
Hairy Bob,
Thanks for the information, and the manual would be very nice to have as well.

my email address is robin10kim@yahoo.com

thanks again..still waiting on the guy I'm purchasing from to get his title.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »
Hey there Robin.
Can you check your e-mail and let me know if the parts manual came through o.k.
Regards, The Hairy Bobster from down under.   8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()