Poll

Kymco Super 8 150

Kymco super 8
0 (0%)
Kymco Super 8
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Kymco super 8 150  (Read 3900 times)

Gdaddy197

• View Profile
Kymco super 8 150
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
Hey Scooter friends..... I use to ride a custom Harley some years back . After a divorce and rising gas prices I bought my first Chinese scoot. A year later a upgraded to a better Chinese scoot and have never regretted one minute. Recently I purchased a 2014 Kymco Super 8 150 and I couldn't be more pleased. My truck stays in my garage when I'm gone at work and its the most awesome thing I've ever rode to work. I've been a firefighter for over 20 years. Ya......I get that riding a scooter might not be the most macho or the stereotypical thing to ride......but here's the deal......listen close.....I drive an 82,000 lbs ladder truck when I work........but when I got to work or the gym. Ya......I ride the Kymco Super 8 150 everywhere else.......it's awesome ......It's different and it makes sense.......Ride your scoot with pride. Do something different......have fun with your life.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Kymco super 8 150
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:31:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum Gdaddy197!!!I have a black Super 8 125 and I never regretted anything...

Just want to share what I did:

1. I immediately changed the oils in there... I just don't trust those "factory" oils... it's just me..
2. Inspected all nuts and bolts ... found a couple not too tight...
3. opened the CVT cover and cleaned off the rubber dust after 500 kms. ... (from the belt)
4. be careful with OEM tires.. they are quite slippery when wet... I changed to softer compound tires for better wet and dry traction. And they're one size bigger...
5. Changed the battery to a 9amp from 7amp... better cranking power...
6. Converted the glass fuse to blade fuse...

Un-macho? That's just in the U.S. of A. sir! Here is Asia or even Europe, scooters are one of the coolest toys one can get... Cooler than an 82,000 lb ladder truck!   

Ride safe!!!

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
I can attest to the tire slipperyness (is that a word). I dumped my scooter at 7 days old just plain ol turning around in a clean asphault parking lot. 5 weeks old now and I'm still pissed cause I wasn't even goosing it or nothing. Ass end just slid out and down I went. Some scrapes on the plastic that I still can't get over. To this day, I still don't know what happened. Needless to say, I take ALL corners very gingerly.
Wayne

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »

Un-macho? That's just in the U.S. of A. sir! Here is Asia or even Europe, scooters are one of the coolest toys one can get... Cooler than an 82,000 lb ladder truck!   

2nd Vivo. I've found though many Americans try to get rid of their new scoots quick for this reason. So I buy used.......and cheap!
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
Tires -- not just when wet. 
NEW tires should be considered "wet" and slippery for the first 100 miles. 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
Just want to share what I did:

6. Converted the glass fuse to blade fuse...

Vivo,
I've been thinking about that. The glass fuses in the Supe are shorter than normal auto fuses, and no one carries them!
I've seen blade style in line fuse holders at parts stores, and wasn't sure how well they would work on the scoot.
No issues that you have experienced with them?
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:04:15 AM »
Vivo,
I've been thinking about that. The glass fuses in the Supe are shorter than normal auto fuses, and no one carries them!
I've seen blade style in line fuse holders at parts stores, and wasn't sure how well they would work on the scoot.
No issues that you have experienced with them?

They will work fine... even better because they are snug and no room for rust or loose connections... just make sure you solder the wires good and cover them with shrinkable tubes...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
They will work fine... even better because they are snug and no room for rust or loose connections... just make sure you solder the wires good and cover them with shrinkable tubes...

That's easy. I already have a soldering iron and shrink tubes that I use for wiring my guitars!
Damn! Every time I log on here, I end up with a new project!!
 ;D
Roxana, IL

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:09 AM »
That's easy. I already have a soldering iron and shrink tubes that I use for wiring my guitars!
Damn! Every time I log on here, I end up with a new project!!
 ;D

hahaha! see?   ;)

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 02:39:36 PM »
Roxana, IL

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()