Author Topic: 07 s250 Strange problem fuel or spark related  (Read 6844 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 07 s250 Strange problem fuel or spark related
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
Cool Beans. Keep us posted for sure. ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ifican

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 10:20:46 PM »
so i think this one is licked. It makes total sense but i still cant believe a hairline crack in the diaphragm caused all the chasing it did. Its so close to the edge and sits together so nice in general that i missed it the first time i took the carb apart. I only did a 6 or 7 mile test run more testing to go but it ran like new for the first time in about 8 months. All the previous reported problems gone. The other interesting thing was i actually have to turn down the idle. Thanks all for your input and insight.

So there is no confusion that is a stick pin i set inside the tear to keep it slightly open.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:23:00 PM by ifican »

josephthediviner

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 01:38:39 AM »
Yep I thought so   the people diaphragm moves much more and in turn folds itself more often and so cracks...  just plan on replacing it every 12- 15000 miles it's simple and cheap enough just a pain.  Enjoy the ride I wish mine were still ride-able.    Damn Elk....

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:37 AM »
... a hairline crack in the diaphragm caused all the chasing it did. Its so close to the edge and sits together so nice in general that i missed it the first time...

Thanks for the photo and update. 
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()