Author Topic: replace tail light on 200i  (Read 1996 times)

richieh

• View Profile
replace tail light on 200i
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:35:17 AM »
has anyone replaced a taillight assembly on a 2013 200i yet?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: replace tail light on 200i
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:08:24 AM »
I haven't, but will need to get in there in when the weather warms and I can get to the install of my lighted Bestem case.
Did you have a bulb blow - or are you putting in LED's?
Hope these pics help with your work on the LIKE's rear end!
Let us know how it goes - most of us are still learning about this scoot!
Regards, Stig

To remove these trim clips - press in the center with a phillips screw driver, then pry out with a flat screwdriver.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:21:30 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

richieh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
Thanks Stig
That was very helpful. How much more has to be taken off to get the entire assembly out to replace it. The lens is cracked, and I wanted to replace the entire unit.
Thanks.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
http://www.motorsportmonster.com/p/Scooter-Parts#/Kymco_USA/KA40AA_LIKE_200_(2010)/F18_-_Tail_Light/04%7c%7e48%7c%7e0005/04%7c%7e48%7c%7e0055

I honestly cannot tell if the 4 self tapping screws (shown in the upper R hand corner of the drawing) hold the red lens on to the light bulb base, or if they hold the whole assembly onto the scooter. Perhaps the lens is clipped to the base piece, or glued. In any event unless you are getting the part from a wrecked scooter - it appears that you will have to purchase the whole tail light unit, #33701-LGR5-E10, $52.04 from this source. It would be easier to sort this when it gets warm enough to sit behind the scooter!

We are all taking portions of this scoot apart (it seems one of the most popular scooters on this whole forum) - and we try to pass along whatever we've learned in the process. So, please keep us posted on your outcome!
Regards, and good luck,
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

richieh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
Thanks Stig,
I should be getting the new assembly soon from the dealer. As I get this done I'll let you know how it went. It may be a while. Thanks again for all your help. Glad there are so many great people out there riding these like 200i.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »
Thanks Stig,
I should be getting the new assembly soon from the dealer. As I get this done I'll let you know how it went. It may be a while. Thanks again for all your help. Glad there are so many great people out there riding these like 200i.
Found this picture of the tail light looking from below.
Looks like there could be 8 phillips screws holding the tail light to the rear body.....but screws A & B could be tabs and screws for the turn signals, I cannot tell.

You might be able to reach up there with a shorty phillips....sure hope the whole rear panel does not have to come off.
I admire KYMCO for designing a tail light that has no visible attachment screws--- but dad gum  it surely would be simpler if there were 4 screw heads looking at us when we sit behind the scoot - ready to replace the tail light or the bulbs!!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()