Author Topic: most in 1 fill up  (Read 6652 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
most in 1 fill up
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »
My tank reads empty anytime after I burn 1 gal. I always stop after 80 miles of riding to fill up as a just in case.

I'm worried that maybe my tank isn't the 1.8 gals that Kymco says it is, what's the most fuel you've taken in 1 fill up at any point in time?

The most I've hit was 1.4 gals
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: most in 1 fill up
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:59:02 AM »
5 liters when gas ran out because I thought I still 1 liter left....

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:34:14 AM »
..1.2 gal, from my best memory.....1.3 gallon tank...lol...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
Thanks guys, really just looking for replies on my particular scoot so I know for sure the 1.8 gal tank is 1.8 gal. Don't want to be like Vivo and run out. No COPS around here to tow me to a road side red bottled gas station.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:26:09 PM »
..alright then...

::)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

kaktuschick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
I've wondered about this same thing! It reads VERY empty when it is at 90 miles. And when I fill up, the most it has ever taken is just over 1.5 gallons. One of these days, I'm gonna ride it until it sputters to a halt just to see if it will REALLY hold 1.8 gallons. Of course, I'll have a small gas can with me to check!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
Yeah my gf has pushed her s200 WAY past E a few times when we were riding in the countryside. If i remember she got about 1.7 gals back in. We were both on E (at the time I was riding my TGB laser) and about 15 miles away from the closest gas station. I was sure both or one of us were going to run out, but both made it. Never measured but when you're on e the s200 has at lest 20 miles left in it, at 60mpg (conservative estimate) you still have 1/3rd gallon left. I always like to take a bike that's new to me to bone dry to see how far you can go, it's useful later on if you get stuck far from a station! Not a good practice on efi bikes or two stroke.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:23:09 PM »
I normally fill up my 200s at the 80 mile mark and she will take between 1.2 and 1.3 gals, for me it's mostly a city commute and on city highways/truck routes, half my riding is at or near top spoeed, the other half waiting for a light or weaving past cars doing 35.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
)8, You can easily pull out the float/sender from the tank, and bend the coat hanger type wire that supports the float. It's just like the old school toilet floats

Since it reads empty too soon you have to bend the wire so the float goes further down. That will make it float higher in relation to the wiper contact it works thru., I'd try bending it about 1/2" lower when the mount plate is held level.

Same set up on all kymcos.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
)8, You can easily pull out the float/sender from the tank, and bend the coat hanger type wire that supports the float. It's just like the old school toilet floats

Since it reads empty too soon you have to bend the wire so the float goes further down. That will make it float higher in relation to the wiper contact it works thru., I'd try bending it about 1/2" lower when the mount plate is held level.

Same set up on all kymcos.

If I could see the float from the fill hole I'd gladly give it a shot, however I don't think I can, so I'll just leave it be and go by milage, if I get to 100 miles on 1 tank I know I'm running low. Thanks, always appreciate the help.

theacox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »
1.26 Gal on 1.3 Gal tank on my Agility (it had been knocked over and the tank drained)!

Driving, 1.21 gal, sweating every mile

Tim

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
Something else I found... I have to shake my 4t bike to judge the fuel level. I have run out several times. Soooo leaning the bike way to the left (where the petcock is) I can get another 5 miles or so. It looks funny as hell but it got me home .
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
Something else I found... I have to shake my 4t bike to judge the fuel level. I have run out several times. Soooo leaning the bike way to the left (where the petcock is) I can get another 5 miles or so. It looks funny as hell but it got me home .

No all you need to do is roate the tank 90 degrees counter clockwise and you can do a wheelie all the way home!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
My "medications" have an adverse effect on my balance. Wheelies are out but my new natural lean to the left is a huge bonus. Kinda make me look like a badass walking around town too.

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
This was typical of the S200. You'll fill her-up, then after so many miles she would dip damn near zero. It has a true 1.8 tank no question. My Super 8 (150cc) use to do the same thing.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()