Author Topic: Little French guy traffic sifts on a MyRoad 700i.  (Read 3667 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Little French guy traffic sifts on a MyRoad 700i.
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »
I would not do this on my LIKE, he's sifting through traffic on a 700!
Goofy people wonder why they get hit by cars.
Kymco MyRoad 700 i, Kymco s'attaque aux ténors. Premier essai !
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Re: Little French guy traffic sifts on a MyRoad 700i.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 03:55:39 AM »
Sadly I don't speak any French at all so I'm not sure if this was a positive review or not.   We also have to remember that each county and state has it's own laws and rules.  Perhaps they allow lane splitting in France?

Not something I would recommend doing but I do see how it might protect the rider from a speeding car hitting them from behind (a fear of mine). 
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:16 AM »
If it's legal and the rider can handle it then I say go for it.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:34 AM »
I don't speak french either. I think the review on this bike is positive. They were highlighting all the unique and positive features of the bike. One was of the new ABS brakes they have. Another was the extra large trunk space the bike has. Overall this a positive review. The guy even gives the 700cc a thumbs up. I know in any language this is a favorable sign. 8)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:38:17 AM »
"Goofy people wonder why they get hit by cars."

It's more that jibber jabber humma humma bon bon noise that happens when their mouths move. I wanna hit them too.

Seevooplay bob vee bon.
Who made that stuff up? No more of those secret languages!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »
I have been to Los Angeles several times in the last couple years and I have no idea how motorcycle riders don't get hit all the time with this lane splitting thing? They fly by my car just inches from my door while on the freeway. I have almost hit more than one because you don't see them until the last second. If I'm about to make a lane change and I look over my shoulder the bike is right next to me. I am not for this. Have to see how this turns out as time goes on.

Ride safe, mscmkr

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
Sadly I don't speak any French at all so I'm not sure if this was a positive review or not.   We also have to remember that each county and state has it's own laws and rules.  Perhaps they allow lane splitting in France?

What's not to love for the French, it should look cool 8) parked in front of a Cafe' and you can carry baguettes under the seat! :D

Lane splitting is legal here in California. In some places in the world its not only legal but required like in the United Kingdom (called filtering) so I have been told.

I have been to Los Angeles several times in the last couple years and I have no idea how motorcycle riders don't get hit all the time with this lane splitting thing? They fly by my car just inches from my door while on the freeway. I have almost hit more than one because you don't see them until the last second. If I'm about to make a lane change and I look over my shoulder the bike is right next to me. I am not for this. Have to see how this turns out as time goes on.

I do somewhat frequently lane split (on a Burgman 650) either in freeway traffic or sometimes up to traffic lights. Doing so requires ones full attention and anticipation of what someone in a car/truck might do. There are many on crotch rockets that do lane split at stupid speeds for sure though I believe the law in California recommends something less than a 30 mph difference between traffic and the bike. Another funny thing I see here are bike riders splitting lanes on the freeway in traffic when the carpool lane (motorcycles are allowed to use the carpool lane in California even if its just the rider on it)  is open and moving.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:47:57 PM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()