Author Topic: Starting without a key  (Read 22234 times)

armandojax

• View Profile
Starting without a key
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
Long story short. I bought a 2001 people 50 that was impounded, after the owner got a dui. When she went to get the scooter she tried to steal it back and the impound owner cut the ignition switch. Now since I have it and am in the process of buying new switches and locks, Im trying to start it to see if runs. Does anyone know which wires go where. The switch was cut so whats left are the wires and the plug. There are 5 wires: 2 greens, 1 red, one black/white, and 1 black. Which one goes with what to get it started? 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Starting without a key
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:07:44 PM »
Please post pictures here of the cut ignition wires and the scooter in an area that is clearly not an impound lot.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

jmwood1968

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:50:12 PM »
Not to be rude but that's kinda like asking how do I hot wire my scooter?
Kymco S8 150
Kymco Like 200i
Vespa PX150
Honda Fury
Honda Sabre

armandojax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 01:07:23 AM »
It basically is hot wiring. Attached is a picture of the the connector not in the impound but on top of my laundry basket. Now since we are passed the red tape, and I got to mention I would be a lousy thief to get advice on how to steal a scooter from a forum, does anyone want to help? Ive seen several videos online specially the one from the Agility wiring but the peoples 50 wires are different. The end of those wires would be attached to the ignition switch (which it is obviously not there).     

jkyle187

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »
connect the two green together....connect red and black to start...the stripe white and black is the kill wire. you can use any motorcycle key switch 4 or 5 wire
1980 Honda CB750K
1997 Yamaha V-max
2007 Honda Rebel
2001 Kymco Cobra Racer

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()