Author Topic: Revisiting Dr. Pulley Sliders  (Read 15866 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting Dr. Pulley Sliders
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 04:15:29 AM »
I love your post 7777!

I also remember Sissy, and Bongoman going thru what they did.
You hit the nail on the head, and emphasized it (hopefully well enough) that PROPER assembly, and experience w/  the product make all the difference. Product experience can be replaced with mechanical knowledge, and pride in workmanship but all to often Mutts are entering the dog show, IMHO if they can bluff their way into a job they are not qualified for it is just a short step to making up a believable story about how your crappy parts caused every issue in the universe.

Just like our African born, self serving leader...  Down here where I live you can't catch a fish cause of that _________!
Ignorance is not an issue. False "facts" are. Our president stepped into a world of trouble, and did it bravely, and with class. It's not his fault a redneck can't catch a fish.
Just as I believe the parts had nothing to do with the failures experienced.

I am still sorry for Sissy, and Bongo's experience but glad to see a good one at the same time.

These parts are not gimmicks. They are designed to work better than the OEM, and they do!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »
Just like bongo dude, it was my sliders. They seem to work fine in other scoots, but many x500 owners have had this problem. Zombie, if I remember right u don't own an x500, but a little 50cc or 150cc scoot or something like that? They may work in those scoots, but not ours!  :-*

alyn 7777

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »
"They may work great in other scooters, just not ours"

Here you go again Sissy, but sorry, this time I won't allow it.  You had a problem with the sliders and so did one other person on this board. You admit that you don't know if your variator  was put back right. Yet, as I told you before there are tons of  Xciting riders on the Italian and Spanish Kymco boards using Dr. Pulley sliders on their Xciting 500s.  Why do you have to continue slamming Dr. Pulley products? Is it personal? You hate the sliders, you hate the clutches?  My money is on that some bum mechanic reassembled your variator wrong. Period.  And I will allow that possibly some of the stock variators need to be polished up to make sure the sliders move freely, I have only heard of one other person doing this. Most people just install them with no problem.

I'll say it one more time, putting in the 30gram sliders on a 500Ri changed my bike a whole lot for the better. In 5000 miles they have not worn at all. I would never go back to stock.  So yes, the Dr. Pulley's DO WORK on our bikes. When you make a blanket statement propagandizing the opposite you are spreading disinformation. A lot of people read this board because it is in English and they will be better served by the truth.

Tell your personal nightmare story about the sliders all you want, that's your right,  but when it comes to discounting the experience of other users like me, I'd appreciate it if you'd STFU.
2009 Xciting 500RI
Givi tall windshield
Michelin City Grips
Leo Vince 4Road Exhaust

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »
Hey Alyn, it is all a matter of personal preference. I truly do not know the cause of my variator failure with the Dr. Pulley. I heard several competing theories. No one was actually inside the box when it crashed and burned if you know what I mean.

As for the change being for the better, of that I am pretty sure it depends on your definition of better.  OEM parts are made to last and be reasonable to maintain. If touring is your goal, OEM works fine. If you like to tinker and go for performance, by all means the finely tuned parts work better. Finely tuned, or as we say down here in south Texas, "persnickety" parts.

That has been the object of my postings on the subject, and from what I read, from Sissy Mary as well.  Better is relative to purpose.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

It's just not a fair fight.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
I'm done, I guess you just can't argue with stupid! Not only I and Bongo have had problems with them, but many others on other forums have said the same thing in the past. One dealer told me he will never install Dr p's in any variator again, other than a Dr p variator. Too many problems with exploding belts and such. :o

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »
And we'll have fun fun fun till . . . her daddy takes her T-bird away
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 12:21:39 AM »
Any updates since 5,000 miles? Been pretty quiet. I actually have the MyRoad 700i and I am considering them with a clutch maybe at some point. Thanks.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 06:49:39 AM »
Ditto.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »
Ditto.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

Dittoses.
?
Ordered a set for my Burgman 400 today - with the slide pieces as well - if I'm all the way in there cleaning up the belt dust I might as well replace the rollers and slide pieces.
I like how these DrPulley parts have been working on my LIKE200i for a couple of years now. I went one gm lighter than the stock rollers.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »
Ordered a set for my Burgman 400 today - with the slide pieces as well - if I'm all the way in there cleaning up the belt dust I might as well replace the rollers and slide pieces.

Whom did you order them from?
'14 White MyRoad 700i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »
Whom did you order them from?
Buggy parts north west
www.buggypartsnw.com
4 or 5 orders from them. Never a problem.
Authorized Dr Pulley distribs in N America.
They also answer emails quickly.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 11:37:41 PM »
Buggy parts north west
www.buggypartsnw.com
4 or 5 orders from them. Never a problem.
Authorized Dr Pulley distribs in N America.
They also answer emails quickly.

Thanks I submitted a request on pricing/availability on their web site, see what happens now.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
Cut and paste from my maintenance spread sheet.

8/2013 @ 10,175 mi - Replace Variator weights (6) with Dr Pulley 19x23mm 19g flat weights, and sliders (3), the rattling noise is gone.

3/2016 19,000 mi Inspected, no issues and almost no wear.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()