Author Topic: I was on one today!  (Read 12933 times)

alpha dog

• View Profile
Re: I was on one today!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 02:03:12 AM »
Some pretty good comments on the 700.  It is a shame that they have taken their styling of seating position in same direction as the 300i.  Back in August I was ready to go from Dayton, OH to Cleveland to buy a 2012 orange 300 I with only two hundred miles on it a showroom new for $3400.  I absolutely love the style and looks of the 300.  Then I went to Competition Accessories in Springfield, OH to look at one first.  Loved the looks than sat on it and was extremely dissapointed.  You would have to be a slim woman model at 5' 2" or less for this to be comfortable on any 20 mile ride.  For a man at 6 foot 200 lbs 32 inseam it was insanely cramped.  All Kymco needed to do on the 700 is similar seating and leg room of the 500 which is very comfortable.  What are the thinking.

alpha dog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:18:07 AM »
Since there was discussion here on the Honda NC700 X, I will put in a couple of cents also.  Honda is on the cutting edge of new technology here that may work.  Sales of this bike have been very good and people like them.  Also price point is far less that the 600 scoots, but not the Kymco 500.  For those bothered by the seat Height of 32.7 inches which is cumbersome for most people, Honda has rolled of for 2014 the CXT700.  Same engine and DCT automatic tranny, however it is cruiser styled at 28.3 seat ht. with feet forward pegs like a cruiser.  Also gets 62 to 65 mpg, are you kidding me.  I like the looks of it.  Naked model less than 7k,  however with a full fairing( that gets very good wind deflection reviews,  and color matched removable bags, this is a style that fits me as I approach 60 years of age.  Honda is saying they will take this style and put larger  engines in them in the future with auto tranny.    Should make for some exciting times in the near future for folks that like the twist and go, especially if the other brands follow this lead.  Oh and the price of full dressed CXT is less than 9k.
Chuck

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
alpha,
What re your impressions of the dealer in Springfiled? I bought my Kymco there 7 mos ago.
38 degrees for the ride this motning.....finally caved in a stopped to put on my rain pants.

Also, can we see a picture of your scoot? (or is it posted somewhere here?)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

alpha dog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »
Reply to Stig.  Seems like a pretty good dealership.  However I have never bought a bike here or had service done.  They want top dollar but they do have a high overhead, about any metric japanese bike you could want.  I usually go there to check out a bike before I buy a top notch, low milage bike or in this case a kymco 500 on craigslist.  I have never heard anything bad about them.

I have tried to send pics of the 500 three times.  After third time it said file was to large to send from my high mega pixel panasonic camera.  If someone has suggestion I will retry.  I know when I post anything on craigslist to sell it takes several minutes per picture to download.
Chuck

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 01:55:50 AM »
Try honda east in maumee Ohio. Best prices I have found in that area. No freight/prep etc. :-*

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
I have tried to send pics of the 500 three times.  After third time it said file was to large to send from my high mega pixel panasonic camera.  If someone has suggestion I will retry.  I know when I post anything on craigslist to sell it takes several minutes per picture to download.
Chuck

Try tinypic.com, choose your file, resize to 15" screen and upload.  Then copy 'IMG code for Forums & Message Boards' and paste in the body of your post.

Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
But the Honda NC700x DCT is cheaper and more handsome.... my two cents...

Altough I love the look of the NC700x the problem with it is the height/lack of weather protection compared to the maxi-scoots and you have to add storage just to equal them. If you got the inseam and are used to riding dirt bikes then is would be fine but at 30" inseam I can't even have both feet flat on my Burgman 650. Funny though that BMW builds the awesome K1600's and on those the seat height are perfect for me though.

For those bothered by the seat Height of 32.7 inches which is cumbersome for most people, Honda has rolled of for 2014 the CXT700.  Same engine and DCT automatic tranny, however it is cruiser styled at 28.3 seat ht. with feet forward pegs like a cruiser.

A really laid back seating position, lack of weather protection and have to add bags just to equal maxi-scoot storage.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:46:14 PM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
Since there was discussion here on the Honda NC700 X, I will put in a couple of cents also.  Honda is on the cutting edge of new technology here that may work.  Sales of this bike have been very good and people like them.  Also price point is far less that the 600 scoots, but not the Kymco 500.  For those bothered by the seat Height of 32.7 inches which is cumbersome for most people, Honda has rolled of for 2014 the CXT700.  Same engine and DCT automatic tranny, however it is cruiser styled at 28.3 seat ht. with feet forward pegs like a cruiser.  Also gets 62 to 65 mpg, are you kidding me.  I like the looks of it.  Naked model less than 7k,  however with a full fairing( that gets very good wind deflection reviews,  and color matched removable bags, this is a style that fits me as I approach 60 years of age.  Honda is saying they will take this style and put larger  engines in them in the future with auto tranny.    Should make for some exciting times in the near future for folks that like the twist and go, especially if the other brands follow this lead.  Oh and the price of full dressed CXT is less than 9k.
Chuck

Yes it a great automatic Motorcycle, not a scooter. Great but not a scooter.
Still need to swing a leg over it. What Honda is saying is the large  scooter market in the US is so small we'll leave the dated Silverwing but increase automatic cycles.

Honda should try the Integra here. That's still, barely , a scooter and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 01:44:13 PM »
Some pretty good comments on the 700.  It is a shame that they have taken their styling of seating position in same direction as the 300i.  Back in August I was ready to go from Dayton, OH to Cleveland to buy a 2012 orange 300 I with only two hundred miles on it a showroom new for $3400.  I absolutely love the style and looks of the 300.  Then I went to Competition Accessories in Springfield, OH to look at one first.  Loved the looks than sat on it and was extremely dissapointed.  You would have to be a slim woman model at 5' 2" or less for this to be comfortable on any 20 mile ride.  For a man at 6 foot 200 lbs 32 inseam it was insanely cramped.  All Kymco needed to do on the 700 is similar seating and leg room of the 500 which is very comfortable.  What are the thinking.

I am 5'8" , not 'Slim" and am quite comfortable on my DT 300i on trips 100+ miles ! 

Wish I could get the XCiting 400 i , though .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:36 AM »
I am 5'8" , not 'Slim" and am quite comfortable on my DT 300i on trips 100+ miles ! 

Wish I could get the XCiting 400 i , though .

I hear you. I'm your height 30" inseam and have done 400 mile days.
Let's see if the Kawi J300 gets the same beef.

Be Big.
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
I can put my milk in those boxes, Stig... three of 'em...  and no girl in a dress can ride this,... I would rather a girl in a bikini....  :P :P :P

That Honda is Pretty! I almost made a deal on one last month, but they wouldn't move enough... I am glad I went with my little People 300. It appears to be all I need.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »
Not like anyone really wants a 700i but we have one in Portland, OR for $7500 OTD. Can't hardly GIVE this beast away. Could work out shipping with any interested buyer.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

jimboeau

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »
Not like anyone really wants a 700i but we have one in Portland, OR for $7500 OTD. Can't hardly GIVE this beast away. Could work out shipping with any interested buyer.

You can get a 2014 700i available in white! RETAIL IS $9699 SALE PRICE IS ONLY $5999 at Heinen's Motorsports in Minnesota.  I just picked up a 2013 Downtown 300i from them last month for $2999.  They also ship lots of scooters around the country for people.  I live only about 100 miles from them so I just pulled my new DT home in a trailer. http://www.heinenmotorsports.com/sales.html

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()